GPS Tracking

secrecyguy

May 14, 2011
Visit site
When I used to have G1 by T-mobile, I used to have GPS Tracker by Instamapper.

Now since I got a a new LG Optimus V by VirginMobile, I want to install the program again but before I do that, I wonder if there's a better program out there now?

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
There are a whole bunch of them. I used to use Instamapper, but my current choice is OruxMaps.

Unfortunately, none of them is *exactly* what I'm looking for, which is simple GPS logging. They either have bulky mapping/viewing/etc. functionality which are things I don't want OR they just don't work very well. And you have to open an app, chose from menus, hit start/ok, etc. Too many steps.

My ideal GPS logger: a toggle button (like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) that turns logging on and off. With settings that allow for automatic upload to Dropbox and GPSies after each track is complete. SIMPLE!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
"Better" is always highly subjective. What, specifically, are you looking for to be better in the alternatives? I use My Tracks but have no clue if it's any better for you or not without such info.

Problem is that GPS tracking reduces the battery life of the phone
It's not GPS tracking. It's any active use of the GPS receiver.

Goneeuro

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Can any one suggest an app that will track where I go and how long i am at each location. I want to use it for work when i go to customers. I want to know when i get there and when i leave. It is important to track my time at each locaation and how long it takes to get there as well as distance traveled. Right now i am writing it in a log book but i dont always remember. I want it all automated so i can use a database to keep everything neat and tiddy. Thanks. If you know of another system that isnt phone based, I would be interested in that also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12