Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you use the market on the Desktop Browser?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all the time!

5 29.41%
  • I use it when I can

2 11.76%
  • only if my phone isn't working.

1 5.88%
  • Haven't even tried it, stick with my phone

9 52.94%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default (POLL) Do you use the browser version of the Market?

I never find myself using the Android Market on the desktop browser I always just tend to pick up my phone and do it from there. Just want to know what you guys do?
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

I use the market from both my desktop browser and from my phone. Just depends on what is convenient at the moment.

I just use my phone, no sense in doing things the hard way lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i would use it more, but auto-install doesnt work too well when youre running a custom rom

I prefer Appbrain

Its okay, a good concept but I usually find it quicker doing it straight from my device.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

90% of the timei do out on the phone. I have use the desktop market and it work quite well

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I use the desktop version when I'm trying to reference an application on the forum. Otherwise, it's managing through the phone application.

I use it quite often now that it's a lot more functional than it was a mere couple months ago.

If I'm searching for a specific type of app, it's much faster and easier to search, locate, and decide, from the desktop. Find what I'm looking for, clicky install, and done.

I also find it very handy and convenient when I read a review on an app that looks interesting and there's a market link in the review. Just click the link, select install, done. No need to grab the phone and go looking for the app.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin