Google Music "first track" problem

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got a weird bug with Google Music. When I play an album that's in the cloud, the first track plays twice, then there's silence. The whole time, the time counter on the left side of the status bar is ticking.

So, I just started a remote album for which the first song is 3:06. It played the song, then played it again with the play time ticking from 3:07 to 6:12, while the length is still correctly displayed as 3:06 on the right side of the status bar. The song finished for the second time and there's silence, but the clock is still ticking (currently 14:24 and counting).

If I press the "next" button, it will continue through the songs as expected.

Anyone else seeing this?

For reference, this is rooted froyo.

M_i_k_e_B

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Rather than going into the folder and clicking on the first track, have you tried tapping and holding on the folder (album) name and them selecting Play? That solved the same issue for me.

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Rather than going into the folder and clicking on the first track, have you tried tapping and holding on the folder (album) name and them selecting Play? That solved the same issue for me.

Hmmm... nope. Same behavior. Here's what I did...

1. Get to "Artists" list
2. Tap one to show the list of albums
3. Tap & hold an album entry until the menu pops up
4. Choose Play

Same behavior I described above.

Just for the sake of trying, I just did the same thing, but tapped the album entry to show the list of songs. Then I tapped the second track to play it. I got the same behavior - song repeats once, then silence.

Very odd. I think my solution to the issue will be to return to Power Amp and try Google Music again later. :)

Thanks for the info, Mike.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That didn't take long! I just had an available update for the Music beta app, installed it, & now it goes to the 2nd track as it should.

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, imagine my surprise when I clicked on the "some bug fixes" link on the front page and see my name staring back at me! Nice.

Thanks for verifying, El Jefe, I'm downloading now.

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Only partially fixed

I've got v3.0.1.339 and I'm still seeing the problem in one use case.

Here's what works:

- Tap artist name to display list of albums.
- Tap and hold album name and select Play from the pop-up

Here's what still fails:

- Tap artist name to display list of albums
- Tap album name to display list of songs
- Tap song to play

Same behavior as before... the song plays twice, then silence. The clock continues running, displaying times far greater than the song length.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I get the repeating track despite using the method you suggested. It also isn't limited to the first track for me.

I've got v3.0.1.339 and I'm still seeing the problem in one use case.

Here's what works:

- Tap artist name to display list of albums.
- Tap and hold album name and select Play from the pop-up

Here's what still fails:

- Tap artist name to display list of albums
- Tap album name to display list of songs
- Tap song to play

Same behavior as before... the song plays twice, then silence. The clock continues running, displaying times far greater than the song length.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

BooyaTRJ

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest version of Google Music and I am still having the issue. I listen to music by Genre. If I select a song to play and then shuffle. Every so often a song will repeat and then after the second playing it will go silent. All the while the progress bar continues.

Example is a song is 3 minutes long it will play twice and the progress bar will be a 6 minutes at the end of the second playing and then it will continue with no sound. To test it I let it run once and it was well over 20 minutes of silence. If you hit the advance key it will go to the next song, which is a huge problem when I am in the Car since I have to grab the phone, unlock and hit next.

Hope it gets fixed soon, love the service. If anybody knows a work-around I would be all ears.

joerockt#AC

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad I found this thread. Thought I was the only one going crazy with this. I've got the latest version and am having the same problem. First track plays twice, then nothing. But I've also got this happening to random songs within an album.

Hope they fix soon. Where can we report?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781