1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default alarm clock

i have the Charge and trying to find a alarm clock app that will turn my phone back on from a full power off. that way in the middle of the nite i am not getting txt alerts or phone calls.. anyone have a good app to use..

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aquajon974 View Post
    i have the Charge and trying to find a alarm clock app that will turn my phone back on from a full power off. that way in the middle of the nite i am not getting txt alerts or phone calls.. anyone have a good app to use..
    Have you tried using Airplane Mode during the night?

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Airplane Mode will solve this problem since you'll cut all network data but will maintain Alarm Clock functionality.

There are apps in the market which will silence the phone during a specified time. Here is one:

Other apps are available just look at the page above and see the similar apps portion. Hope this helps

I personally use Settings Profiles for this and have it set to silence my phone from 11-6:30, unless someone important calls (like my wife, parents, boss, etc), or if I get a txt from our network saying there's a problem or the power is out or something to that effect.

There are several apps that can accomplish the same thing. I use Settings Profiles (from probeez) but there is also Tasker and a few others.

Plus the phone takes way too long to boot up you need to call 911 in the middle of the night, and Airplane mode would make you miss important calls. For example, it would suck to wake up to have a voicemail from your mom from 1AM saying your dad had a heart attack and was in the hospital, and you're getting that voicemail 6 hours too late because you had your phone off.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Very good points, Evil Monkey.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks for the help,, still learning my way around the droid and all the possible apps... still have a home phone for the important calls...

ROM
    Stock

Night clock donate will act as a bedside clock and can be set to silence notifications. Calls can still come through, a plus for me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.