Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 0pusX
  • 1 Post By Sange la tava
  • 1 Post By DisplacedMic
  • 1 Post By faiyam malek
  • 1 Post By DisplacedMic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default looking for an app to play music from phone to radio wirelessly

I want to be able to play the music off my phone on my car radio with having to use an auxiliary jack since by truck does not have one.

Any recommendations?
    Amoola92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    I want to be able to play the music off my phone on my car radio with having to use an auxiliary jack since by truck does not have one.

Any recommendations?
    i assume your stereo probably doesn't have built in bluetooth support either?

the links provided by Gekko are great reads!

Briefly, your physical options are RCA cable (which you don't have) USB connection (which i am assuming you don't have) or a tape-deck adapter. Of these options i prefer USB as the audio loss is going to be minimal.

Your wireless options are a stereo with built-in bluetooth, a radio transceiver that connects manually to your device, or a hands free device that has a FM Transmitter.

An FM transmitter will broadcast to a (typically) lower frequency wavelength so that you can listen to your device on your FM radio in your car. This works fairly well. Sometimes you might have to adjust the station a few times to find one with no interference and you will almost always have a little bit of white noise using this option. It can be particularly hard if you live in a more FM saturated area like a big city.

These devices can hook directly into your device, either through a USB port or more commonly through the headphone jack. Or you can get one that will pair wirelessly with your device.

I got one of these:

Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable In-Car Speakerphone

I love it. It serves as my hands-free device for driving and for the music on my phone. I can enjoy hands-free phone calls over my car stereo and it works seamlessly with my phone. For example if i am listening to music and i get a call it pauses the music until the call is over. For $50 you're not going to do better unless you start looking at the more expensive higher end devices. My only complaint with the motorola is that it scans stations it thinks will work best and doesn't let you manually select them. Sometimes this can be a little frustrating as you have to keep hitting the button to find the perfect station.

That being said if i lost or broke mine today i would buy a new one immediatly - it is perfect for my needs. and after owning it almost 2 years the battery is still going strong. I charge it maybe once every 2 weeks and i use it at least 45 minutes every day.

hope that helped
    good luck
    Thanked by:
    0pusX 

Default Re: looking for an app to play music from phone to radio wirelessly

i want the application through which i can play song to FM,,...can any one help

Did you try reading what I wrote or the links posted above?
    There is no app that will do what you are asking for without a hardware framework.
    Many modern car stereos will have built in bluetooth. If yours doesn't then your only wireless option is a bluetooth speaker that has an fm transmitter. There are several on the market, I linked the one I use above.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

well, sucks for samsung then, fcuking nokia has it, it's called Play via Radio, works just fine without "hardware".
    suloveguru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sange la tava View Post
    well, sucks for samsung then, fcuking nokia has it, it's called Play via Radio, works just fine without "hardware".
    Yeah, some devices like the nokia c7-00 have built in fm transmitters.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    chandsitare likes this.

Default please make app to play songs through radio for android. like nokia n8

please make app to play songs through radio for android. like nokia n8
    suloveguru likes this.

Default Re: please make app to play songs through radio for android. like nokia n8

Quote Originally Posted by faiyam malek View Post
    seriously?
    suloveguru likes this.

Is there any android device which provide facility of frequency broadcasting, so we can make application for it which data we can broadcast?

why do you keep making new accounts to just to post the same question?
    Thanked by:

Hi, just thought i would add to this. I have an evo 3d and an app called funcgen (its on google play store). On PM mode it can over ride car stereos radio with different tones etc so why cant a dev team re code this app to play music or something? If i knew how i would give it a go

Default Re: It was ok I've been doin a lot of thinking today

How can i play my music from my phone on my car radio?

Yes