Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default A program like "POYNT" for android?

I was wondering there is a all in one search program for the droid. like the Poynt program for blackberry. It would be very nice. it has movie search, white pages, close restaurants, close shopping, and more. Any ideas? thanks

Coming from BB I too miss Poynt. I've found Where does a pretty nice job, though if you want some fun with choosing restaurants, try out UrbanSpoon.

WHERE
    by WHERE, Inc.
    >250,000 downloads, 28030 ratings (4.4 avg)
    Free

Top link to check out the app @appbrain, scan the code with your phone to DL it from the market.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

ROM
    Something new!

Search for Geodelic in the market.

I miss Poynt. Where doesn't come close and Geodelic missed alot, The Yellow Book app comes the closest. Good for looking up businesses, but doesn't do what Poynt did. Did email them about coming to android, but never got a reply.
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savedbythegraceofchrist View Post
    I miss Poynt. Where doesn't come close and Geodelic missed alot, The Yellow Book app comes the closest. Good for looking up businesses, but doesn't do what Poynt did. Did email them about coming to android, but never got a reply.
    I'm sure they will have an android version out soon.

Android is becoming a major player in the game.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have an Android version in the futuer; they better that's for sure! I really miss it. I'm using WHERE, and definitely find it inferior.

Default Re: A program like "POYNT" for android?

Poynt for Android is an award-winning local search application that lets you find and connect with businesses, movies, restaurants, people and events near you whenever and wherever you need them. Poynt allows you to interact with your search through placing calls to businesses, mapping directions, viewing showtimes and movie trailers or reserving a table at a local restaurant.

Poynt App for Kindle Device
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Default Re: A program like "POYNT" for android?

Have you given Google Now a good chance recently? I used to have poynt on a BB and I find Google Now much better, especially since it's baked right into the device. Condition: you have to have location services enabled to get the most out of it.