help with K-9 e-mail notifications

Xarmark77

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me with my k-9 app. It was working fine until about a couple of weeks ago. My notifications are not working properly. I don't always get the ring tone or the mail icon. I used to get separate e-mail icons with the number f unread e-mails for each account. Now I just get one group. Most importantly, in the past when I went to my e-mail account it would show the # of unread e-mails after I went into the account. Sometimes, I like to check the e-mails but leave some unread for a later occasion. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What device/OS do you have? Not that it should matter much. I assume you've cleared the K-9 app's cache? Restarted phone with a cold boot? On my Thunderbolt a K-9 App update did not appear to install smoothly from the Market a while back. Similar symptoms. Settings being ignored, etc. Uninstall/reinstall the app fixed it when the above suggestions didn't fix it.

Xarmark77

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
by a cold boot you mean just turning it on and off, right? I uninstalled and reinstalled. The cache was already empty. Is there something in the settings that is different since the last update? I contacted the publisher and got no response after 3 times. I don't know what happened, but all I want is for it to play my notification ringtone and show the # of unread messages with an icon even after I go into my account, but don't read those messages as it did in the past? I loved this mail app and now I am just starting to HATE it.

Otherwise do you know of another app that shows how many messages are unread, plays a ringtone notification and allows for pictures and links to be viewed. I tried maildoid but it doesn't let you see pictures or more importantly links. Any other suggestions that meet that criterion?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20