iTunes synching app

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
You can also try motorola media link. It's available on their website and should allow you to import your itunes playlists.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
+2 for Isyncr.

It became my 3rd paid app (after BetterCut and WeatherBug). Well worth the money. I tried DoubleTwist (ugh, slow and nothing but errors for me) and TuneSync (neat concept, but troubleshooting the connection sapped my energy). Isyncr is cheap, and it just works...flawlessly.

Try the free version (that's what I did). It is awesome. After that, it is SO easy to change playlists now. And it is fast.

my two cents.

K--

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Isyncr from the market let's you load itunes playlists

+3 for Isyncr, I dropped doubletwist in favor of this little gem of an app.

No need for a second program on your PC that syncs from itunes and then to your phone. Isyncr does it directly from itunes when you plug your phone into your PC. It's quick and very easy to use.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I gave up on using my Droid as my primary MP3 player. Mostly because my car has an iPod doc where I can switch songs from my steering wheel. I now have a 16 Gig nano.

Double Twist is what I used before, and it is painfully slow but works.

You can always drag and drop your music folders directly onto your Droid. Depending on how you have your music folders set up, this may be easy....or not.

You will probably want to grab Album Art Grabber from the App Store. Best way to get that missing cover art associated with your music.

Good Luck

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had pretty good luck with iTunes Agent. There are a lot of sync options out there.

I gave up on using my Droid as my primary MP3 player. Mostly because my car has an iPod doc where I can switch songs from my steering wheel.
Same here. The iPod interface on the car is just much more convenient. Plus my iPod has 80GB. My Droid only has 16GB at best but that card shares space with content other than music. In my particular case, I have room for about 2GB of music. My iPod pretty much lives in the car, hidden from view.

Last edited:

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Every song on my itunes is in some sort of playlist..having just random songs out there floating doesn't make much sense to me. If I can't find a suitable playlist for a random song that I like, I'll stick it in the "Misc Songs" playlist and Im good to go.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
+4 for iSyncr
I started with doubletwist, but with over 70+ gbs of music and 3+ tbs of video, WAY too slow. iSyncr much better and it keeps play count just as iPod. Also has a rating widget that updates on iTunes.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Every song on my itunes is in some sort of playlist..having just random songs out there floating doesn't make much sense to me. If I can't find a suitable playlist for a random song that I like, I'll stick it in the "Misc Songs" playlist and Im good to go.

With over 10,000 songs and over 160 gb in my computer's Itunes folder, it's a little late for me to go back and organize them all into playlists. "Recently Added" is about the only playlist I ever look at. My tunes are all arranged by Genre.

jtcarnes

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you explain why, specifically, you're looking to sync with iTunes, we might be better equipped to help you out. There are several apps for Android that do what parts of iTunes does... I prefer a couple of individual apps over one general one. Why? The individual apps are more specialized and do a better job, IMO.

I've had my iPod for years (literally... It's a 5g that I bought right when they came out) and I still use it a lot because it's easy and it's there. I don't have to interrupt my music to take a phone call, I can go for days on a charge, etc...

That being said, I've loaded all of my "must-have" music on the iPod and use SubSonic on my Inc to access ALL of my MP3s on the PC at home. It was pretty easy to configure and it gives me access to over 180GB of MP3s, all with album art. It's a donation app, and I think it does die after 30 days. To me, it's worth the $25 "suggested donation".

There are also multiple podcast apps that are quite good.

screenname#AC

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of the syncing solutions will keep tracks in track order instead of alphabetical order. Is there any way to make that happen on a Droid device?

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
A couple questions regarding iSyncr - the FAQ and the Market description mention syncing back to iTunes. Does it really sync play counts back to iTunes and does it also update the "Last Played Date" in iTunes? Is iSyncr also a media player and does one have to use that in order to have the iTunes metadata updated? Thanks

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it really sync play counts back to iTunes and does it also update the "Last Played Date" in iTunes?
Yes and Yes

Is iSyncr also a media player and does one have to use that in order to have the iTunes metadata updated? Thanks
No it is not a media player. it works off what ever media player you are using. I think that as long as the media player will scrooble, it will work with iSyncr. I use Lithium. Works great.

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes and Yes

No it is not a media player. it works off what ever media player you are using. I think that as long as the media player will scrooble, it will work with iSyncr. I use Lithium. Works great.

Nice, thank you for your help. I bought it and transferring my music now :D