I've searched and not found an answer for this so if there already is please forgive me. If I buy an app for an Android phone how do I get that app on a new phone when I upgrade or if I have to get a replacement? I know how an iPhone does it but how is that done on Android?
    04-26-2010 12:26 PM
    I believe it is tied to your google account. So when you change to a new phone and put in your google account and password it should allow you to download your old apps for free.
    04-26-2010 12:54 PM
    I believe it is tied to your google account. So when you change to a new phone and put in your google account and password it should allow you to download your old apps for free.
    I sure hope your correct... has anyone actually tried uninstalling a purchased app and reinstalling it?
    04-26-2010 02:42 PM
    I sure hope your correct... has anyone actually tried uninstalling a purchased app and reinstalling it?
    i have, i purchased a app on the hero and within my 30 days i returned it for a moment, once you sync your google all your phone numbers comeback and you can go back to the market and download your previous paid apps again for free
    04-26-2010 08:04 PM
    Awesome. I asked Verizon (a store rep and a phone CS rep) and was told that wasn't possible but one comment on the Android forum at Google said you could but it hadn't been verified so I wanted to ask people who would likely know. Now that I know someone has done it I feel a little better about buying more apps. My wife probably won't though.
    04-27-2010 04:22 PM
    that's some good info to know. when i get my incredible tomorrow i might go download happy and start downloading apps for the hell of it, but realistically that won't happen. when i get a newer android phone next year i will know i can do this with no problem....
    04-28-2010 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD