Media Player "snapback" feature?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks - Coming from an iPhone, one of the things I do with my phone is (using a car mount) rely on it for playing music and podcasts. On the iPhone there's a single 'button' that jumps your playing media back 30 seconds. I find this feature awfully nice when podcasting to replay something I missed or want to be sure I heard right. Simply using a scrubbing feature to slide back - especially while driving - is a little ugly.

Can anyone recommend a good media player that has this specific sort of functionality?

Thanks in advance!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks - Coming from an iPhone, one of the things I do with my phone is (using a car mount) rely on it for playing music and podcasts. On the iPhone there's a single 'button' that jumps your playing media back 30 seconds. I find this feature awfully nice when podcasting to replay something I missed or want to be sure I heard right. Simply using a scrubbing feature to slide back - especially while driving - is a little ugly.

Can anyone recommend a good media player that has this specific sort of functionality?

Thanks in advance!
i could not find one that has snap back. But car tunes might do it for you and its free

Reactions: raremage

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
BeyondPod and Pocketcasts have this feature, either skip forward or back 30 seconds or any time that you specify. I have used both apps for podcasts and prefer BeyondPod overall, but Pocketcasts UI is pretty spiffy.

Both are paid apps, but I'm sure there are free ones out there at least for the podcast side of things.

Reactions: raremage

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
i could not find one that has snap back. But car tunes might do it for you and its free
Appreciate that - I'll have a look at CarTunes.

BeyondPod and Pocketcasts have this feature, either skip forward or back 30 seconds or any time that you specify. I have used both apps for podcasts and prefer BeyondPod overall, but Pocketcasts UI is pretty spiffy.

Both are paid apps, but I'm sure there are free ones out there at least for the podcast side of things.

I don't mind paying a couple of bucks if the functionality does what I need. I'll have a lok at both - thanks!