Jetflicks: Best Kept Secret on Android

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
So I have been using Jetflicks for the last six months and been enjoying all of my favorite TV shows regardless of which network they air on. Within 24 hours new episodes appear on the service... so my question is why isn't this more mainstream and available on the Android market?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I have been using Jetflicks for the last six months and been enjoying all of my favorite TV shows regardless of which network they air on. Within 24 hours new episodes appear on the service... so my question is why isn't this more mainstream and available on the Android market?

Netflixs used to be king but we might see a Chanel with the recent price jump and jetflicks might really take off

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Jetflicks is really great. Even though my NS4G has both Netflix and Hulu+, there are a number of shows that neither has (such as True Blood and Game of Thrones.

Love Jetflicks!!!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had heard of this, but never really looked at it. The site is giving me tons of internal errors, and my favorite is that the "About Jetflicks" and "How does Jetflicks work" pages are empty (maybe related to all the internal errors I'm getting). Also doesn't seem to be any kindof information regarding fees anywhere.

My understanding is it's a monthly fee ($9.99 if I'm not mistaken from what I've been able to gather elsewhere).

Think I'll just stick to Netflix and what I can get with PlayOn (which includes regular/free Hulu and a few dozen other content sources).

Still, I wouldn't mind checking Jetflicks out if they can manage to get their site working.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had heard of this, but never really looked at it. The site is giving me tons of internal errors, and my favorite is that the "About Jetflicks" and "How does Jetflicks work" pages are empty (maybe related to all the internal errors I'm getting). Also doesn't seem to be any kindof information regarding fees anywhere.

My understanding is it's a monthly fee ($9.99 if I'm not mistaken from what I've been able to gather elsewhere).

Think I'll just stick to Netflix and what I can get with PlayOn (which includes regular/free Hulu and a few dozen other content sources).

Still, I wouldn't mind checking Jetflicks out if they can manage to get their site working.

There is a fee, but you can pay 6 months for $30 or a year for $50. So it comes out to about $4/month. I find it to be completely reliable.

I have PlayOn as well, which I mainly use on my PS3 and Xbox - between Playon, Netflix and Hulu, I've turned off my cable TV with no regrets.

The major advantage of Jetflicks over PlayOn for mobile viewing, however, is the inability for PlayOn to fast-forward. If you get interrupted halfway through a show, you're out of luck.

knotrkrX2

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Jetflicks just sent me an email that said that is either IS or WILL BE available for the PS3, Xbox, and WII and I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is yet? or if not when it will be?
Thanks..

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Please look into this service before "subscribing." Lots of people are claiming multiple charges and shoddy service. And really, does a company called Jetflicks really have legal access to current television shows?

TJH

R2D2user

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Jetflicks for about three years now. They are my "go to" for streaming tv. I use it both on my Droid 2 and on my PC.

I totally don't get why their website hasn't been updated in three years. None of the "about" or "info" pages are filled in. Very annoying.

I've never had a complaint about their billing, but I've also not cancelled their service so have no experience with that.

I pay $4 a month for service on three items (2 phones and 1 PC).

Shows are available usually 24 hours after airing on regular tv.

I contact them through their Facebook page when I have a question.

attnmedia

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Not only is Jetflicks the BEST kept secret with the fastest updates to hundreds of shows... but NOW in HD!! Finally the shows look not just OK on the FIRE.. .but now they are AWESOME!
m3glogo.png
mhdlogo.png

The regular video format (called m3G) always looked sharp and crisp on my Android phones and current iPhone4. It was when it was scaled up to the FIRE's larger screen that it started to look "sub-standard." The new format, called mHD, appears to be 4 times as crisp and clean. Funny thing is, I do NOT see the difference on my iPhone screen from m3G to mHD, but when I hit that AirPlay button and send the videos to my AppleTV... WOW.. there is the difference on a 42" plasma.

From what I can tell, each day the NEW episodes are released in both HD and the earlier 3G version. Most currently airing shows go back 3-5 episodes in HD quality as of today. Jetflicks support reported that they are currently going back to every show in the entire libraries and producing the HD versions.

Bottom line is that it is certainly the most used App on my 3 devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital