IM app with true push?

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few, but the only ones I've tried that is supposed to feature push notifications, only show new messages after the app is reopened. I'd like one to push the new messages as they come even after exiting the app like a new Google voice message would come in immediately after a message was received.
I've tried a bunch including im+, trillian, etc. And none have been successful after enabling their push notifications features.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Trillian works well for me, I get the push notifications any time a message is sent. Maybe try out one of the specific IM service apps? Beejive was a fantastic one on the iOS side, but I stuck with trillian for the desktop sync stuff. Not sure why it wouldn't work the same for you. Hope you can figure it out though!

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Is your push messages like an email? I'd like to suspend the app so the icon isn't showing and get my messages still.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Is your push messages like an email? I'd like to suspend the app so the icon isn't showing and get my messages still.

Are you talking about Trillian? There is an option to disable the "always on" notification bar icon. Then it will only appear when you have new messages.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Initially I was getting the email messages as well but there was an option to disable that.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I do not see an option to disable always on status bar. only see the notifications status bar option.

Last edited:

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
IM+ Pro works for me. Another reason that I like IM+ is the fact it supports every major messenger, that's why i'm not using Trillian or Beejive.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I liked im+, but push wouldn't work for me. I wouldn't be notified of new messages until I reopened the app. Trillian is working for now, but im stuck with the status bar icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox