Slacker and Battery Drain?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. I've been having severe battery drain overnight (won't even last 6 or 7 hours on my nightstand and the phone is dead in the morning).

So I started looking at it closer, and found that it appears that Slacker is waking up my phone in the middle of the night and doing something until the battery dies.

First though, there is a setting in Slacker to cache radio stations overnight (which I do NOT have checked).

Here are some screenshots from this morning (I took the phone off the charger at 100% when I went to bed, so these are the battery usage overnight from about 12:30 to 7:00 this morning when it died:

1) You can see Slacker used 25% of my battery:
snap20110722_092628.png

2) Slacker kept the phone awake for nearly 5 hours in the middle of the night (and used my CPU pretty heavily):
snap20110722_092641.png

3) In this shot, you can see it kicked the phone into Awake mode sometime in the middle of the night, after I was long asleep, and kept it awake until the battery died:
snap20110722_092646.png

So right now I have uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if it happens again tonight, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing these issues.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen this happen before. Why don't u just keep your phone plunged in over night.

Well, I could, but I'd rather know what the hell Slacker is doing in the wee hours of the night. You'll notice whatever it was doing didn't use the wireless (the radio was on, but wasn't active during the same time). In a nutshell, I'd rather address the problem.

Plus, my charger is downstairs in my kitchen, and I don't want to move it back and forth (or buy a separate one).

Perhaps the uninstall/reinstall will fix it. I am thinking the problem is related to that "cache stations" checkbox which specifically says it will cache stations at night. I had used that awhile ago during the free premium trial, but after that was over, I unchecked it (since without a paid subscription, you can't cache stations). Perhaps that setting didn't actually turn itself off, despite the checkbox being turned off. Although that was probably a few weeks ago and I hadn't really noticed battery drain until a few days ago.

Will post back tomorrow with results.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol