Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is your favorite bar code scanner ap?

The title speaks for itself.... what is your favorite bar code scanning app and why? Looking for the best one, figured you guys can save me some time?

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Google Shopper for me. Seemed to get me the most accurate results, quickly, and with the least amount of clicking through screens.

I have a Storm 1 and used Edocrab (barcode backwards)
    My friend's Moto Droid used Google Goggles and his seemed to scan and find the product way faster than Edocrab.

I just ordered the Incredible today and should be getting it tomorrow so I can't wait!

i use barcode scanner and goggles.

Barcode scanner has been better when scanning qr codes, and its easier for it accurately hit just the barcode.

Goggles is just more robust overall since you can scan more than just barcodes.

Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    i use barcode scanner and goggles.

Barcode scanner has been better when scanning qr codes, and its easier for it accurately hit just the barcode.

Goggles is just more robust overall since you can scan more than just barcodes.
    Tip for goggles try scanning a business card

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Google Goggles and Amazon (mostly for shopping and price comparisons) are my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Tip for goggles try scanning a business card
    yeah found out about that in my endless search for a business card reader. It worked out pretty well, ran into the common problem of it putting the full name as the first name. but pretty damn good for free especially. i keep barcode scanner as a backup

Just out of curiosity, do any barcode apps have the ability to scan and store bar code numbers that could be emailed?

I've used Barcode Scanner, Google Shopper, Google Goggles, and SnapTell. SnapTell was the only one that was able to tell me that I had a Boston Scientific WallFlex Biliary Rx stent in my hand when I scanned it at work. Pretty impressive.

I use ShopSavvy and, for the most part, like it better than Barcode Scanner. Ultimately it boils down to personal preference though.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

I use Shop Saavy also......it comes in pretty handy and I like the fact that it gives you multiple store prices that carry the particular item you are looking for so you are able to find the best deal.

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Default Re: What is your favorite bar code scanner ap?

I like NeoReader

Default Re: What is your favorite bar code scanner ap?

As far as I know, this is not supported currently by many barcode scanner. I tried several before, and most of them, like the one I'm using, only output the reading result. You can view and save it, but not mail it.