why is the Facebook app sooo awful?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Why is this app so bad? The status pages keep reloading and when someone comments on one of my posts I no longer can see anything.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Flow? I think that's it, people say it's a much better alternative.

The answer to your question is because facebook can't employ basic android devs. Heck, the ipad still doesn't have an app yet.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk

spece

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just buy friendcaster and be done with it, hands down the best Facebook app out there.
i like friend caster very much except for 2 problems. It force closes a lot and for the past 3 days I have not been able to get to messages on my Droid x or my xoom. So I generally just use Facebook on my browser. Android still has a long way to go.

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the facebook app is horrible! Its slow, sometimes replies arent shown unless you refresh the page, sometimes pics that you just uploaded dont display right, even though everybody else can see them just fine....I got tired of it so I downloaded FaceTap and im 100% impressed, much faster and everything works like it should. The facebook app has been deleted!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's been known for a long time now that the Android Facebook app is lacking. I don't know why there is such a problem with the app being that it comes Facebook - You'll think it would be far better than what it actually is. As others have mentioned, Friendcaster (formerly Flow) is what the official Facebook app should be. It's not perfect, just like every app on the market.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It's been known for a long time now that the Android Facebook app is lacking. I don't know why there is such a problem with the app being that it comes Facebook - You'll think it would be far better than what it actually is. As others have mentioned, Friendcaster (formerly Flow) is what the official Facebook app should be. It's not perfect, just like every app on the market.

Friend caster now has sync contacts! Goodbye Facebook app

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that they aren't getting all their friends updates in the app? I like to view by most recent and if I view it in the browser I get more updates.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that they aren't getting all their friends updates in the app? I like to view by most recent and if I view it in the browser I get more updates.

Are you sure people just have not blocked you... Just kidding, I have not noticed that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon