K-9 mail app unified notifications

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all! I used to use a Palm Pre and loved having a unified mail folder and recently discovered K-9 mail which did exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately I am missing one feature I would love to have. When I get a mail notification I'd like for there to be only one notification for all my email addresses and when you click on the notification it takes you to the unified inbox instead of having to click on each notification separate. If you know of a way of setting this or a separate app that has this functionality, please let me know! Thanks!

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean you want to limit the notifications from scrolling as new emails are received? Once there is one, don't show any more until you check the inbox? If so, I don't know of a way to do it, but not sure that's what you're asking, because that doesn't seem to bother anyone. There is still only one entry in the "Current Notifications" area if you pull-down the bar.

You CAN set the app to always go to your unified inbox upon launch (whether it's by pressing on the notification or by pressing on the app icon). This seems to work pretty flawlessly for me.

Good Luck.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean you want to limit the notifications from scrolling as new emails are received? Once there is one, don't show any more until you check the inbox? If so, I don't know of a way to do it, but not sure that's what you're asking, because that doesn't seem to bother anyone. There is still only one entry in the "Current Notifications" area if you pull-down the bar.

You CAN set the app to always go to your unified inbox upon launch (whether it's by pressing on the notification or by pressing on the app icon). This seems to work pretty flawlessly for me.

Good Luck.

No, I have 8 emails addresses... when I get an email sent to one of them I get a notification about that email address. Clicking on the notification will take you to that specific email address inbox. When emails get sent to other email addresses, I'll get additional notifications. I can potentially get 8 notifications (one for each inbox). I just want to be able to suppress additional notifications after the first one and when you click on the notification it takes you to the unified inbox.

After a bunch of research, I've realized it probably isn't possible. Does anyone know of another app that is able to do this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513