Email w/ delete from phone when deleted from server & vis-versa?

Huff

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Are there any email apps with these features? I have seen some available but not all in a single email app.

1: Delete email from server when deleted from phone.
2: Delete email from phone when deleted from server.
3: Setting for how many days for automatic deletion from phone.
4: Ability to empty trash, or select all, and delete selected from any folder.

My older Palm Treo using Snappermail and Palm Pre WebOS both had all these features. Any Android email apps that can?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Email w/ delete from phone when deleted from server & vis-ver

Thanks but thats for gmail. I have several other accounts I need to use. Some suggest forwarding them all to gmail but thats a kluge to me and has its own downfalls. Looking for an app I can use for any email account.

what protocol are these other mail services? Exchange? POP? IMAP? other?

the limitation you speak of is more on your particular mail server side than it is on Android.

Huff

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

the limitation you speak of is more on your particular mail server side than it is on Android.

Just simple pop/smtp. The items I'm looking for are a limitation of the app, not the server. I'll take a look at MailDroid and see if it does what I need.

kurtd#AC

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't seem like a server limitation. I had the EVO now I have the Photon. Photon does not have the option to delete from email server and I can not figure out how to make it work. I tried both imap and pop. The evo didn't have this issue same email server. It sounds like it might be an issue in the newer android than a moto issue. I'm not sure though.