Google Voice Caller Id Issue

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When I make a call using Google voice where I look up a stored contact and then dial them my GV number shows up on their caller id.

When I just use the dialer and dial a number, even the number of a stored contact, my phones normal number shows up.

I don't like that at all. What is the problem?

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When I make a call using Google voice where I look up a stored contact and then dial them my GV number shows up on their caller id.

When I just use the dialer and dial a number, even the number of a stored contact, my phones normal number shows up.

I don't like that at all. What is the problem?
In the Google Voice app on your phone, go to Menu --> More --> Settings. click "Making calls". What option is selected?

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It does it when Make all calls with GV or ask every time I make a call. It's weird. It shows my normal number if I manually dial the number with the dialer, whether the number I dial is associated with a saved contact or not, and shows my GV number if I dial them from my contacts or the missed call list.

It can lead to sticky situations when I expect it to show my GV number and it doesn't.