Best music player?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Doubletwist and PowerAmp seem to be fairly popular. I've tried the free versions of both, and I kinda like PowerAmp better. Any other ones worth taking a look at?

I've noticed with both players, though, that there doesn't seem to be a way to stop playback. I don't just mean pausing playback, I mean actually stopping playback completely until I want to open the app up again and reshuffle my songs. Is there any way to do this that I'm just not getting?

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You don't have a big "Play/Pause" button in the middle of your screen? I tried Google Music before Power Amp. GM wouldn't rescan and find newly added music. Power Amp works just fine.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, yeah, I know you can pause playback, but pausing does just that -- pauses it. Basically, I just don't want my music app to be queued up with songs the whole time I have my phone on if I just want to listen to music for a little while, yanno? Whenever I listen, I just shuffle all my songs, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to cancel out the queue of shuffled songs when I'm done listening. Partially because I worry that a queued up music player would drain my battery faster, and partially because I'd like to be able to reshuffle my songs if/ when I listen again later.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so with PowerAmp, I noticed something strange. After I had installed it and played around with it, and stuff, I had turned my phone off for the night. Today, I turned it back on, and noticed that my song queue was cleared. But, as soon as I plugged in my headphones, it jumped right back to the same queue from yesterday. So, how do I reshuffle my songs, then?

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It will not use your battery when paused. Just let it be.

That answer applies to all well written Android apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, yeah, I know you can pause playback, but pausing does just that -- pauses it. Basically, I just don't want my music app to be queued up with songs the whole time I have my phone on if I just want to listen to music for a little while, yanno? Whenever I listen, I just shuffle all my songs, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to cancel out the queue of shuffled songs when I'm done listening. Partially because I worry that a queued up music player would drain my battery faster, and partially because I'd like to be able to reshuffle my songs if/ when I listen again later.
This is just part of the annoying Android interface. It fakes multitasking by saving settings of applications when it shuts them down, so the default seems to be to never "clear" settings. You can't really manually "turn off" anything, so everything sits around with stray stuff in their settings.

This is the same reason my calendar always opens to whatever day I was last looking at, instead of "today". If you could actually shut down the calendar manually, it would know that I no longer needed to remember where I was, so it could open to "today" again. But I can't, and it doesn't. Drove me nuts for a while, now I'm resigned to it.

On the bright side, it doesn't use any power to retain that order, and reshuffling when you open probably isn't any more work than manually closing (or cleaning up) would have been, you just do it at the start of listening instead of at the end.

eta: I came to Android from a Pre, which had a much more satisfying multitasking environment. I only hope that the best features of WebOS get picked up by someone else, so I can use something like that on a future gadget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo