Listen and Music Player Problems-Accelerometer?

Pimpbot

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I use Listen and the Music player on my Incredible while walking my dog and inevitably downloaded songs and podcasts skip, restart, and stop after the screen has timed out. Sometimes the voice dialer launches inadvertently as well. It seems to be caused by the movement as I have been able to replicate it just moving the phone with my hand while listening to something.

Anyone else experience similar problems? Is there some easy fix I am overlooking? Thanks for the help.

flyinglaw

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I was just getting ready to ask the same question about my EVO. I went for a run today and had to take my headphones off. I had in in a fanny pack since I haven't found another way to carry it yet. It would start, stop, restart, skip to another song and just like you the voice dialer would launch. I had set a scene just for working out that had Cardio Trainer, weather and music player on the home screen. Even when I stopped the music and deleted the player from the home screen it would still do it. This is very disappointing since the Cardio Trainer seems like a great app and much better than my iPod and Nike+.

So like Pimpbot asked is there some way to resolve this?

Qharisma

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a solution but I have experienced the same problem on my motodroid even while having the headset in.......(player stops, skips songs, etc.)........in other words...........bump

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be the following: All these phones have headphone jacks that can accept those fancy wired headsets that have button controls. Maybe your 3.5mm jacks are dirty on the inside, or your headphone plugs are a little loose, so the movement in your pocket might short it and cause the random stuff. Does this happen with other headphones, or without headphones? I'd advise some experimentation and cleaning the 3.5mm jacks. The music players have really no connection to the accelerometer, at all. But if this is a hardware problem, back to the shop for you. :(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had/have the same problem using male-male connectors for my car's stereo.

It seems to be an intermittent problem. Like it happened consistently when I first got it (so I tried switching cables, jiggling, etc) but now I have now used it a few times without issue. I recently switched from the stock player to the bTunes app, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll have to experiment more.

Strange behavior, and kindof annoying that it's not reliable.

xmBill

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Headphone plug possibly the problem

I believe the previous poster is correct about the problem being tied in with the headphone plug. I have mine hooked up to a stereo at work which the plug DOES have corrosion on it and it starts and stops the default player and pops up the Voice Dialer as I try to get both channels to play. I have no other problems when playing with my headphones which have a nice shiny gold plug so it thankfully it is not the 3.5mm jack itself. Maybe another player might not be as susceptible to the bad connection. I'll have to try that.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have same problem.with my DI I have it connected to my trucks stereo. I'll be listening to a podcast or audio book hit a bump and my music player launches a song and plays over my audiobook . I get a lot of skipping like a record player needle scratching