Many problems with new version of Facebook

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I have the newest version of Facebook for Android available. I am having 2 major problem, first is the notification problem many see. Doesnt notify me of a new comment or message.

Also the news feed when selected Most recent, only shows the past hour of status/pics then it jumps to yesterday. So anything over a hour until yesterday is missing and wont show up after logout or refresh.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You're not the only one experiencing these problems. I've done some research on whether these problems were caused by the recent update or by FB itself. This is what I've gathered. 1) The way how notifications were sent to our phones have been changed by FB. Facebook has decided on limiting the amount of notifications being sent to our devices. To reverse this change - login to your account and from there go into account settings, then notifications and follow instructions to turn back on what notifications to send to your phone. 2) Most phones seem to not be compatible with the new update of Facebook for Android app. I'm using an HTC EVO and I'm not having any problems since I have turned back on notifications. A friend of mine is using a Droid - and it seems that he's having the same problems you're talking about. If clearing the Facebook app cache & data doesn't fix the problem, then I believe you would have to wait until the dev puts out a new update. I'm sure the app developer is aware of these problems most users are complaining about.

There are so many bad reviews about this application...both on the Android market and on the developer's website. One of the problems that I was having was that I couldn't comment or like on someone's post using the plus + sign, and I guess the developer had fixed that problem since yesterday - so now I'm just hoping to see copy & paste feature implemented on a future update.

Cleargrey

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I understand many many people have been having problems. I know this because the latest fb update sucked on my Desire (Cyanogenmodded up). So I simply went back to an earlier version. I suggest you do too.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I love it!

But not for the reason you think.

The app itself works OK (I have all notifications turned off anyway), but the new blue triangles telling me what is "important" and the fact that all of the posts are now completely out of sequence (meaning I have no earthly idea how far down the "last unseen" post is any more), coupled with the constant addition of apps that want me to find lost sheep or buy virtual copper or whatever, are slowly, inexorably driving my Facebook friends over to Google+. Every couple of days I see a new one in a Circle, kicking the tires and taking it for a spin.

Most of them stay.

So bring it on, Facebook, bring it on.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Friendcaster is an ok Facebook client / application, however - I prefer the Facebook for Android. At the moment I've noticed neither of the two applications has pinch & zoom functionality. Friendcaster has two features that I would love to have on facebook for android. 1) Push notifications. 2) Copy & Paste. These two features should have been implemented on the Facebook for android app a long time ago. I've spoken with the developer who said that he's currently working on making the Facebook app an application that Androiders can be proud of. Lets see if that will ever happened.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1