Any music player with multi genre/artist support?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried the default music player of my epic touch and also tried the trial of poweramp/mixzing, and tried playerpro on a friend's android - all of these can't identify the multiple genres entered in the id tags of mp3 file. For example, my mp3 may be tagged "Blues; Jazz", but instead of considering the song part of both Blues and Jazz genre, it considers 'Blues; Jazz" as a genre of its own. For some players like poweramp, its the issue with android's way of scanning the media, as they depend on default music library of android device.
Does anyone know of a media player which can overcome this problem, and be little more intelligent wihile identifying multiple genre/artists.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it, but looked like this is a fail too in this case. Same problem - multiple artists and genres are showing up combined. However I do agree this is a slick player, gui is clean and scrolling is really really smooth. So I am keeping it. Only if it gets multi genre support and an equalizer, this player would rock. But for now, search continues....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21