Looking for a system widget

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a widget that will show my processor and memory usage. I've found some that show one but not the other, I would like a nice little 1x1 or 2x1 widget that shows both of these in real time, thanks!

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Watchdog works well for me. It comes with a Widget but I don't use it. I just let it log things and check the logs periodically.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had some stuff like this, but, I ended up uninstalling it all. They'll just end up consuming resources themselves.

I had Watchdog for some time and it was one of the more taxing apps I had running.

As far as I can tell, and, from what I recall I've read, your phone does a pretty good job of managing it's own resources. I don't have any sources for that, just what I recall from my own research when I was interested in monitoring software.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll give watchdog a try. I have a feeling that I'll uninstall it after a week or two, but I'd just to check it out for a while.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If your concern is resource usage though, make sure to take a look at how much Watchdog itself is using. I would hope that it includes itself as a running app. :p

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You may wanna check out "mini info widget".

Here are 2 screen shots...one is of my home screen and the other is the widget open. It's great and free on the app market! There is a paid version too if you like it. Just has more options. I use the free one and I love it!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I loaded up watchdog and I have been getting an alert from my facebook that is exceeding the cpu threshold. I'm getting this alert when my phone is sitting idle. Now I have my sync turned off, I manually update when I open it. Why would facebook be using my cpu, and enough to set off an alert?

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
You may wanna check out "mini info widget".

Here are 2 screen shots...one is of my home screen and the other is the widget open. It's great and free on the app market! There is a paid version too if you like it. Just has more options. I use the free one and I love it!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

Thanks ive been looking for that myself

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Watchdog does indeed report on itself as running. It consumes very little memory or CPU running in the background, at least it is negligible on my Thunderbolt, but it has caught K9 Mail overloading the CPU a couple of times and warned me.

Both times K9 was hung trying to pull from a mail account and had to be force closed. K9 in that condition was certainly sucking a lot more battery and resources than Watchdog ever did. It also caught PodTrapper, my podcast/videocast app, hung in a downloading cycle having the same issue as K9.

If you have multiple apps like I do that run scheduled pollings that can go haywire I still cast my vote for Watchdog.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2