Facebook Chat?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

I was looking into possible apps that support Facebook chat. I first tried to official AIM app, but it asked for permissions for AOL Lifestream to export all of my posts and future posts to share with anyone and everyone, and also required the permission to post without prompting me.

This was a no no.

I looked into Meebo, but it has that ongoing notification.

Other ones i looked into said they all drain the battery drastically.

Has anyone come across a decent Facebook chat app that doesn't kill the battery?

Thanks

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
They all kill the battery. Just how they work. Personally I use ebuddy. I've tried all the ones you listed above, ebuddy just looked and worked better for me.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i aslo use ebuddy after trying the other clients. at first fb chat worked but now it doesnt but i dont use it that much

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
FWIW the AIM client can do this if you connect it to facebook. I just installed it and it looks nice. we'll see how it is on the batterey.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I like Meebo. It works great with Facebook chat. It also allows you to sign into multiple accounts (for instance, multiple google accounts simultaneously). I don't like that eBuddy requires you to register with them and register your accounts with them. Yes, it gives you a web solution, too. But, I don't like sharing that information with another company.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i thought that too Hardcase but then i like the fact that i can install on any phone remembering 1 user/pass and be on everything. or i can login to the web, or from dual boot devices i have at home. i dont have to change the passwords in 100 different places.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc