Facebook Notifications Stopped Working

NorthLondonGunner

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got the latest version of the Facebook for Android app and up until the last update I was receiving notifications normally (thanks to being a former BlackBerry user) but now only Chat notifications work and not notifications for comments etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I am the OP of that link but unfortunately I'm in the same boat currently. Something seems to have broken the notifications. I noticed it a few days ago. Boooooo. Since there hasn't been a Facebook app update and this spans all phones, I suspect it's something with BlackBerry but that's just a guess. I suppose though it could be something to do with all of the changes currently going on with Facebook site. Either way back to reading and researching like crazy :'(

UPDATE: I went ahead and cleared the data for the Facebook app last before I went to bed and now all is back to normal. I'm getting all of my push notifications again. WHEW!

Last edited:

NorthLondonGunner

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am the OP of that link but unfortunately I'm in the same boat currently. Something seems to have broken the notifications. I noticed it a few days ago. Boooooo. Since there hasn't been a Facebook app update and this spans all phones, I suspect it's something with BlackBerry but that's just a guess. I suppose though it could be something to do with all of the changes currently going on with Facebook site. Either way back to reading and researching like crazy :'(

UPDATE: I went ahead and cleared the data for the Facebook app last before I went to bed and now all is back to normal. I'm getting all of my push notifications again. WHEW!

It turns out my phone was the problem, I hadn't restarted in a few days and when I did all was back to normal. And it turns out Facebook wasn't the only app affected, my ScoreMobile FC noti's also stopped but I just didn't realise.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey ccw1134...Ever since I've done your step-by-step tutorial, I haven't had any problems thus far. I cleared cache, data, and history occasionally on my phone - hence keeping things working smoothly. Also, I've noticed that unchecked and recheck notification under the app settings usually fix any notification problems you may be having.

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rushrl. I will do that next time. I've only had a problem just this once. I have really grown accustom to having notifications on my phone. I don't ever want to go back to not having them.