What happened to Tim Hoeck's TiVo Remote app?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been flipping around between ROMs on my OG Droid and I went to redownload all my apps but I noticed that one wasn't showing up in the market anymore -- Tim Hoeck's TiVo Remote.

I'm sure I still have the APK somewhere in one of my backups, but I was wondering why it would be removed from the market (while he still has a few other apps in there). His website hasn't been updated in ages.

It's sad because the app was really great and useful, especially since I have a 1-year-old that likes to occupy my hands, so sometimes I'm more likely to have my phone within reach than the remote.

Are there any options for other TiVo Remotes that I haven't seen for whatever reason if this one is dead?

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I had to do a hard reset on my phone last week, and when I went to restore my apps, the TivoRemote app (which I had PAID for) was no longer there. I contacted Google via the Market and they were no help, only suggesting I try to contact the developer and that after "investigation," they could not offer me a refund. I've sent several emails to Tim Hoeck and even posted to his site, but he hasn't so much as even responded. Unfortunately, I did not have the app backed up. If anyone knows how I could get my hands on the apk, again, which I ALREADY PAID FOR, that would be greatly appricated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance