Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BOLT browser out of beta, available on Market

With version 3.0, BOLT browser gets out of the beta stage:

https://market.android.com/details?i...T&rdot=1&pli=1

How you guys like this browser when compared to the others?

Default Re: BOLT browser out of beta, available on Market

I'll give it a try. When I had it on my BlackBerry it was horrible. Page rendering has not good and it was very laggy. I'll have to see how it does on Android.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Thunderbread v2.6

I'll try it. I used it on Symbian a while back and it was pretty good.

Drunk texted from my Thunderbreaded Bolt

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks ICS/ Tiamat 4.1

When I had it on my Blackberry it wasn't to bad. The icons were to small for a touch screen phone. I will give it a try on mt HTC Evo and let you know what I think.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,170 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No word wrap. That kills it for me.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Thunderbread v2.6

Just tried it out. Not bad but needs more options, user agent, etc. Also word wrap is working fine for me.

EDIT: After messing with this for a while, here is my opinion. This browser is sloooooow. Way slower than my two most used browsers (Ninesky and Baidu). I don't have specific numbers, but opening the same Lifehacker article with all three browsers, Ninesky opened the article twice as fast as Bolt, with Baidu opening it just slightly faster than Ninesky.

Also, though I DO like the looks of Bolt, it somehow looks funny to me. Like some Windows apps look when opened with WINE. It looks like a port instead of a native Android app if that makes any sense to anybody.

Bolt has some good ideas, like the web apps feature that lets you open Facebook, Wikipedia, etc. apps in the browser instead of installing all the apps separately, but not enough to keep this as my daily driver.

I'm going to keep this around to check out future updates, but, for now, it's not going to be getting much use.

Drunk texted from my Thunderbreaded Bolt
    Last edited by watson387; 10-11-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Page rendering is HORRIBLE!! Doesn't even hold a candle to stock browser...I didn't like it on my old blackberry and still don't like it