Something like the Siri Reminder

jonathon6017

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
First of all Hello Everyone I am new to Android Central and I will be getting my first Android Phone tommorow (the Gz'one Commando). I originally came from crackberry but I was just tired of the slowness of my Blackberry Curve and the Lack of Apps so when I was given the choice to switch to Android I took it.

Now on to my question, Is there any app out there like what siri does with reminders? I want an app that will remind me of something when I get to a specific gps location rather then at a certain time. This will be useful for when I want to remind myself of French and Art Club Meetings right before I get to school.

Also While I am asking, is there any way that I can edit Google Docs? I use Google Docs alot and would love to be able to edit on the go.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure of all SIRIs capabilities, but I simply use my calendar for "reminders", and Vlingo Virtual Assistant for speech to text capabilities. Vlingo is much better than Google voice IMO.
Good luck & welcome to the world of Android!

tap'n

jonathon6017

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well Most of what is on Siri I don't care too much about as for the reminders, I use the Calendar on my blackberry but I want it to remind me of something based on my gps location.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I see....sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure about that one, as I've never heard of anything like that for Android, but hopefully someone can offer up an alternative for you. Good luck!

tap'n

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I googled "gps reminder android market" and two apps came up. "by the way" and "gps reminder". I've never used either, but you could check the reviews and stuff and see if they sound like they'd do the trick.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use vlingo,, its pretty much siri for android. Or I should say siri is vlingo for iphone see it was around first. I need reminders I use calendar

10.1/32 gig of fun!

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use vlingo,, its pretty much siri for android. Or I should say siri is vlingo for iphone see it was around first. I need reminders I use calendar

10.1/32 gig of fun!

How do you get vlingo to create reminders or appointments in your calendar, I've not been able to find a phrase to do so?