Android developers respond to Siri with Iris

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
As it would turn out, Dexetra has responded to the application called Siri for IOS 5 by creating a similar app for Android called Iris - and he did it in 8 hours.

I'm fully impressed by the development time, and although the app is in early stages, it shows a drastic improvement over the voice recognition capabilities of Vlingo.

Even in Alpha stages, it's worth a try. I've already had some fun with Iris.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it out, by giving it a few commands, and it is suprisingly accurate. It correctly puts what I have said. The problem however is that it responds poorly to commands like navigate to.

It does really well with the commands like google, and call....i just wish it wouldnt ask for confirmation as much as it did.

Overall is shows alot of promise. I think that it can surpass Speaktoit, soon, but for now, im sticking to speaktoit

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are pissing ourselves laughing with some of the cool answers it gives for various crazy questions.

CeluGeek

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I had installed and used the previous version successfully on my Toshiba Thrive but the latest update doesn't show up. I have it on my phone though and there's improvement but it still doesn't do enough useful stuff, and the "funny" replies rarely make sense.

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
seeing that it was quickly put together I won't be harsh, but this app doesn't compare to Iris or vlingo. I want functionality not just a cool app that will speak back to me.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried eva, the only problem is that i dont have enough time to set it up properly. When I walk around with my phone in pocket, it activates the app and starts speaking...which is kind of annoying

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc