launcherpro beta

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
For anybody who doesn't have a sense 2.1 devise can now finally have sense features in the launcher. It has the pinch to zoom out and see the screens. It spretty sick. The only downfall is the shortcuts are locked and can't be edited.

You can find it in the market for free.

licotto

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I freakin love this Launcher! It's in beta and FLIES!! There is a few lil bugs still, of course...per the BETA...but I can't wait to see the dev slam this out soon!!!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
hey licotto, what kind of bugs have you noticed so far. i haven't had that much time to mess around with it yet because i was at work all day.

now that im home im def going to give it a test drive

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the only problem ive had was a few fc's, especially when i tried to remove widgest and whatnot.

i didn't notice any fc's but i did notice some glitchyness. the app draw is smooth as a baby's bottom but adding widgets and swiping left and right to get to the other screens can be really sensitive at times and other times it is not sensitive enough.

once this gets out of beta i will def give it a shot. I would even pay for it if it goes paid, though i don't know if he would be able to charge for an app launcher due to he is using somthing based off of googles work

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
no problem. i came across it on droid-life. they seem to be the most up to date with new apps and roms. he always has something interesting posted every day it seems

redheadch

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This is a great launcher! It's so fast. I've tried many...about 6 at least I think...lost track. Looking for something fast and that has permanent shortcuts on bottom, this comes the closest to all that I have tried so far maybe 1 fc so far in 2 days. Saw that dev posted he was working on the shortcuts...seems pretty happy with the feedback so far! I'm sure it's motivating!

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Looks good and is quick so far, only used it for about 30 min but dont see the difference between this and helix. This is very smooth but so is helix launcher 2 for me. So i guess its just preference.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Doh! Thank you! They should have put that in the article on the home page.

*Hint* to AC article writers

Launchers are not apps. They are in somewhat home replacements. There would be no need to open it up in the app drawer.

Is this your first experience with an external launcher? Good luck with lunched.

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Helix works great for me, I rarely get an FC and it generally seems to work really well. I never used Helix2 because of so many saying it's slower. I think I'll try out this new launcher beta though but I hate having to re set up my screen with my apps and all since I have them set up just fine as they are now..lol.

Knowing me though I'll try it, if for no other reason than to see just how much faster it is with the additional screens.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I love this app. Can't wait for additional customization. ditched helix launcher and helix2 never worked right for me.

bling300c

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
best launcher so far. much faster than helix.

If the icons at the bottom were selectable and customizable it would be perfect!

Last edited:

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Launchers are not apps. They are in somewhat home replacements. There would be no need to open it up in the app drawer.

Is this your first experience with an external launcher? Good luck with lunched.

Thanks, and yes it is my first experience with ANY launcher.

On another note, I notice by hitting the home button my the phone that the claimed "Leap" feature doesn't show all of your home screens. Anyone else also not get this?

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this last night, and spent about 45 minutes putting all my apps and widgets back on the way I like them. So far it is indeed really snappy and responsive, even better than Helix which was working great for me.

If I tap the home button it does show all 5 screens every time, which is pretty cool.

I would like to see the option to change the docking apps, like everyone else said, but other than that so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol