App to hide files? prob been asked before

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I know this has prob. been asked many times before, sorry. Is there an app to hide files? Pics, vids, docs? I see HideNseek, but is this the only one? I see the last few reviews aren't good.

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Easiest way to hide files is create a folder on your SD card and title it something random with a period in front of the name. none of the files will show up in the gallery and the only way to access the info is to go in through a file manager.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I gave in and got the HideNseek app before I read the period in front of the name trick. Thought I can risk .99 cents, hahahaha. So far it works, and it looks like it does Force Close, but only when I'm trying to access the app while the phone is connected to my PC.

Thanks

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I gave in and got the HideNseek app before I read the period in front of the name trick. Thought I can risk .99 cents, hahahaha. So far it works, and it looks like it does Force Close, but only when I'm trying to access the app while the phone is connected to my PC.

Thanks

Remember you have a day to get yourself a refund. Just go to the Market, and go to your downloads and select Uninstall & Refund. ;)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Create a file called ".nomedia" (MINUS THE QUOTES) inside the folder and it will prevent the folder from being cached and displayed. Simple as that.