The app that could save lives??

AnnaC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm new in the Android community .
I would need your feedback on an app named iSOS. Basically when you feel you are in danger you press the icon on your phone and it sends texts, emails, fb, twitter to 5 of your contacts (you need to choose them first I guess) + it calls 911 + it says where you are located.
I think it's great but I would like to know first if someone has tried it already?

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
i've thought about apps like that, but one thing always worried me...is there any way to avoid an issue caused by a misclick? Is there some confirmation or anything?

You certainly dont want to be making false 911 calls because of a random screen tap, but at the same time, if you're hurt/semi-conscious, or in an emergency situation, you also dont want to be navigating through some process to get an SOS out.

So...what is the process? just launch app and it all happens, or some sort of extra confirmation to avoid mistakes? etc?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm new in the Android community .
I would need your feedback on an app named iSOS. Basically when you feel you are in danger you press the icon on your phone and it sends texts, emails, fb, twitter to 5 of your contacts (you need to choose them first I guess) + it calls 911 + it says where you are located.
I think it's great but I would like to know first if someone has tried it already?

Well, I truly hope that no one here in the forums has been in a situation where they have had to actually use the app. It's like insurance. You need it but hope to never have to use it.

With that being said, I agree with the poster regarding accidental clicks. I would hate to make an accidental 911 call or scare my friends/family due to an accidental click. I too would also like to know if there is any sort of confirmation involved (that can at least manually be activated through settings).

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
i LIKE the idea of the app. I would just want it to have different settings.

- an ABSOLUTE emergency where it does all of the above (that you mentioned)
- one that would just send the text message with your location - this isn't an emergency thing but I have had a few incidents in clubs, parks, etc where I get separated from everyone. this might be useful for that.

I think the automatically calling 911 is great but not useful in all situations

Lawrence87

May 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah I agree 2 options might be good (no more) coz I think when you're stressed you don't want to loose time choosing between many options). Is it still free???? I've tried to get it but it looks like you have to pay now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22