GoContacts problem

old guy

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am quite happy with the GoContacts apps I have installed on my Atrix. My one complaint is I can find now way to contact the developer for questions (well, I did find an email a couple of months ago but received no reply) which is why I'm posting here.
This should be very easy.
When I open a contact in GoContacts, and select either text message or call, I get a popup with 3 numbers. well, actually I get ONE number but it is listed 3 times. I select the number I want and pick OK. Everything works as it should but I do not see any reason for the extra step of selecting the same number from 3 choices. Any way to eliminate the "select one" screen? I tried a number of settings but nothing has helped.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Ready for this? It's because you actually have many accounts combining themselves into your Contacts. You'll have at least one e-mail account, your SIM Card and the phone itself loading up their contacts into the GoContacts listing. If you have more than one e-mail you'll probably start getting duplicates.

Check out the Settings and go to "Contacts Account" and you'll see everything that's feeding GoContacts. Hope this helps.

old guy

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
Went to GoContacts>settings>Contacts Account. Two items checked; Phone and Google. Unselected Google. Still have 3 phone #s listed for many contacts.
FWIW, if I choose any contact and select Edit, I have 3 listings(?). Google Contact/Google Contact/Motorola Services Contact. I see no way to remove any of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech