I need an application (app) that will ask me to turn ifself off e

jayaraj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I need an application (app) that will ask me to turn ifself off every half after I turn on my wifi. My problem is I turn on wifi using that simple toggle swtich and I forget to turn it off after use. So battery drains like crazy. I need an app that will detect that the wifi is ON and turns it off after asking me/ snoozing me. Please help to find me one

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: I need an application (app) that will ask me to turn ifself o

the closest thing i can think of to an app like you're describing is juicedefender ultimate. it wont ask you if you want to turn off wifi though, instead it turns it off for you when your screen is off and then back on when you turn your screen on.

i haven't seen an app exactly like what you want. maybe someone else has?

jayaraj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the reply. the problem is the screenw ill be on most of the time (watching offline videos). so that won't work. any other options from anyone?

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
WiFi uses much less battery than 3g.I've had mine on for 5 hours unplugged now and still have 100 percent battery

Your battery drain is most likely coming from watching videos.

jayaraj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

thank you for your reply. I use a droid x on a device that does not have an active verizon account. its basically a wifi device but I can see the cellular signal bar. is there a way to stop the device from connecting to verizon cell towers? would this device be using a 3g connection in this scenario? Please answer. thanks

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Best way to do this is to put phone in "airplane" mode. This way, no data is used. When you need data, turn on wi-fi.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jayaraj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Thank you. that worked. My droid x is in airplane mode now.

jayaraj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

thank you sherri. saw the wi-fi scheduler. But i want it like on demand. Say 15 mins after every time I turn on wifi I need a reminder to turn it off.