OfficeSuite Pro vs Quickoffice Pro

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted some feedback from the community as to which one of these applications most people prefer. Reading the descriptions of both it is hard to tell which one is more feature rich.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have used these two plus Docs2Go. I use it primarily for a spreadsheet that I need everywhere I go. It's on GoogleDocs. Docs2Go does great with it but QuickOffice makes it look a little better and IMO has a better search function within the sheet.

So for the one thing I use it for, QuickOffice is better to me. YMMV

How amazing is it that Amazon puts these apps out to us for free? Keeps me a loyal Amazon customer. So it's working, I suppose. Thanks!

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've used all three as well. One thing I found was if I edit files in QuickOffice or OfficeSuite, they will no longer open in DocsToGo. Plus, DocsToGo won't let you change input method. I often change keyboards depending on what I'm typing and which part of the app I'm using (spreadsheet vs document). That made DocsToGo cumbersome.

The issues I had with QuickOffice were with formatting. An office doc had the last paragraph with no new paragraph market (pressing the enter button to go to the next paragraph). QuickOffice didn't show the entire paragraph. I opened the file in OfficeSuite, pressed enter and saved, then it looked fine in QuickOffice. The next paragraph didn't keep any of the previous formatting, though.

OfficeSuite has become my favorite right now. Formatting does what I expect, and it works pretty good. I would say they all have their own quirks. It's more about finding which one works best for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae