12-17-2014 11:02 AM
462 12345 ...
tools
    For those who own an HTC phone and have trouble with the latest Screencast v3.0, please disable the touch pointer option. HTC has custom code for the touch screen different from other Android devices and will cause Screencast to crash. We have a fix and will be released soon, but for now if you are getting stuck at "Waiting for service", just disable the touch pointer and reboot your phone (necessary to clear the hung service).
    01-02-2012 02:04 AM
    I'm getting a green streak running down the edge of the right side in the video when I record with the orientation turned to left. Anyone else get this problem?
    01-11-2012 05:52 AM
    That happens on the Samsung 7 inch tab only. It is on the bug list waiting for a fix. It will be coming but not in the next release.
    01-12-2012 06:36 AM
    Hi Mediasol,

Thanks for a great product. I have 1 quarrel. Above you say that users should disable the touch pointer option on the HTC desire (due to the incompatible htc OS).

It appears in my version of "Screen Recorder" that you have natively disabled it (possibly by getting my device type and choosing to disable the option). However...

I'm running CM7 ROM, and not the HTC sense ROM, so I would Like to be able to try the touch pointer thing, and then revert if it didn't work.

If this is what you're doing is there any way around it?

Thanks again
    Another Dev
    01-22-2012 07:26 AM
    There is already a fix, implemented and tested and only only waiting release.
    01-22-2012 03:04 PM
    Any ETA on Galaxy Nexus support? I miss being able to use this app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 10:01 PM
    The reason why there have not been any updates lately is because we are spending all our time working on the Galaxy Nexus. We had to go back to the drawing board with this, hopefully we get a break through soon.
    saovadee likes this.
    01-22-2012 10:55 PM
    when is this app going to support the Galaxy Nexus?
    01-23-2012 09:52 PM
    when is this app going to support the Galaxy Nexus?
    Development is ongoing to find a solution for the Nexus and Tegra 3.
    01-23-2012 11:02 PM
    New feature requests for better screencasts

- Continues screenshot should have programmable interval (seconds)
    - Do not save continues screenshots if next image is exactly the same as previous
    - Option to vibrate on taking screenshot (instead of shutter sound)
    01-24-2012 05:51 PM
    New feature requests for better screencasts

- Continues screenshot should have programmable interval (seconds)
    - Do not save continues screenshots if next image is exactly the same as previous
    - Option to vibrate on taking screenshot (instead of shutter sound)
    I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.
    The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.

I will add vibrate and programmable interval to the app.

Thanks,
    -- MS
    01-24-2012 05:55 PM
    Just to let you know, it's working great on my Nexus S i9020a running ICS.
    01-25-2012 09:22 AM
    Just to let you know, it's working great on my Nexus S i9020a running ICS.
    Super!! Please make sure to let us know on this forum if you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. Happy Screencasting.
    01-25-2012 09:26 AM
    I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.
    Awesome, thank you!

The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.
    Yes, it could be tricky to code, but I think Android CPU could handle the extra (and think about all dual core devices that are coming up now

The result benefit would be amazing for screencasting. I would no longer need to pace myself during screenshot taking. I can set "take screenshot every 1 sec" and then just go through the app at my own pace (even take a lunch break in the middle). Just like the "normal" user. At the end I will have a ready-to-go screencast with almost no editing. So far making screencasts is real work. Even with your great app . Launch app, wait for a shutter sound, go to the next screen, wait for shutter sound, etc. A lot of waiting and pacing
    01-25-2012 03:52 PM
    Super!! Please make sure to let us know on this forum if you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. Happy Screencasting.
    I will, thanks again!
    01-26-2012 01:30 AM
    Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1] Is The Galaxy Nexus Blocking ScreenCast? (A Fix In The Works)
    01-26-2012 12:27 PM
    Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1] Is The Galaxy Nexus Blocking ScreenCast? (A Fix In The Works)
    There is no fix yet.
    01-28-2012 12:59 AM
    This has been waiting for service for at least 2 days, and I've tried reinstalling it, from my computer, and from my phone. Please help
    02-04-2012 10:46 PM
    This has been waiting for service for at least 2 days, and I've tried reinstalling it, from my computer, and from my phone. Please help
    Keep in mind that Tegra 2 devices are not supported. What device are you trying to run it on?
    02-04-2012 10:48 PM
    i really want to use this app on my prime...
    02-08-2012 10:16 PM
    Hi MediaSolutions,

I've installed your Screencast Video Recorder on my Samsung Galxy S SCL (GT-i9003). It's working almost perfectly! The only thing that is not working is sound. Even if I ckeck the "Record Audio (Mic)" option in the settings page, the resulting video has no sound at all. I've tryed connecting the mic+earpiece included with the phone with no luck. As I understand, it should record sound through the internal microphone of the device, isn't it?

Also, I'll also suggest the option to record internal audio, if it is possible. It will be very useful!
    Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
    Marc
    02-09-2012 04:54 AM
    Hey any updates on Gnex support?
    02-09-2012 10:13 AM
    Hey any updates on Gnex support?
    It is still in development.
    02-10-2012 08:05 AM
    Hi MediaSolutions,
    Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
    Marc
    The plan is to enable custom pointers. We have been too busy working on enabling Galaxy Nexus and Tegra 3 for the past month. We will assign a portion of development time to go through the list of bugs and needed features soon.
    02-10-2012 08:09 AM
    could I specify the stored location of recorded video and screenshot ?
    02-11-2012 07:51 PM
462 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD