[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Vectorr66

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh man just got this today and am very excited as I do reviews of tablets. I have a SmartQ Ten3 omap 4430 10 inch. This tablet is awesome but I didn't know until playing a video that there might have been an issue because of a black screen with a SmartQ logo in the middle. I am running ICS 4.03. Definitely keeping the app because it looks great.

TsC_PoLiTiKz

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm running a rooted Kyocer Echo on Android version 2.3.4 and I was curious as to whether my phone simply isn't powerful enough to record? When I record, it does so moderately successfully; audio is a 10, and it DOES record the video, but the actual file is all distorted with pinks and purples and shows up in four panels across the screen. Really strange stuff. Any info?

Sent an e-mail, so I'd prefer a response that way, but I'll check here and that would be fine as well. :) Look forward to hearing back and getting my recording on!

Zane

anon(776328)

May 2, 2012
Visit site
We are attempting to use your application to capture the screen on the Android device and that works great. However, we are trying to capture using an application that plays back a video within the Android application. While trying to record the video playback, it simply displays a black screen on the capture. As soon as the video finishes playing and it goes back to the application, the screen recording displays as per usual.

Is it not possible to screen record a video being played back within an application with Screencast Video Recorder?

phxwx

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I also want to implement screen capture and sound recording as video file. I have no idea how to implement it. Could you tell me where can I reference? or could you give me your sample code?

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Dang, on my tmobile t989 this thing is choppy on any video/game cap.

I think it just doesn't like running nesoid and recording, it keeps audio on but screen is black. ( I think a tear is what they call it? )

I think it does work well though for just normal app useage
My purposes are definitely for tutorials / demos/ how-to-s / app and game reviews.

i'm plugged in, and i've tried every quality setting combo and they all behave the same.

if the app worked on my tegra prime I bet it would function but I see that's TBD future upgrade.

it is so close to being incredible for me... (paid version)

Michele Cerreta

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a very important question. I use Screencast daily and I'm about to buy a new Galaxy S3. Does Screencast work on Galaxy S3? I have had a Gnex and was disappointed to see that it didn't work.

Brandersnatcher

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus

Hey mediasol, I just wanted to thank you for trying to figure out the support on the gnex. I bought the app in support of your hard work...and I'll use it either when you get it running or on my next phone, whenever that will be. Keep up the good work.

AndroidMNZ

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it works on the Galaxy S III.

I have root on my S3 and I can't get the Screencast app to record video. In the video section it comes up with the video but instead of a still image preview it has an exclamation mark (!). It won't play in Mobo player.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Pete

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there any forward progress being made with OMAP 4/Galaxy Nexus?

Penned via Tapatalk.

I am wondering this as well.

I'm starting to think he may have given up on the Galaxy Nexus. A lot of developers get stuck, and instead of saying something to the customer, they just go into hiding and/or ignore questions. This is a $4 app, and this is supposed to be a "support" thread. Where's the support?:mad:

PJMAN2952

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this app on my rooted HTC One S and it lags a lot! I can't believe this! When I play back a recording, it lags and its choppy. It skips while its playing and all the time it doesn't play a game that I recorded! I tried to record Temple Run and when I played it back, all it played was the loading screen of the game. Thats it! I am a bit disapointed in this app unless there is a way to fix this issue.:mad:

sixfootsix

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
This was an awesome/flawless app on Gingerbread (was using an HTC Incredible). Been waiting around since December for ICS support (LTE GNEX). I think this developer has thrown in the towel on this one - pretty embarrassing since I paid $3.99 for it only a month before upgrading. It's a serious shame cause there's nothing else like this on the market!

PJMAN2952

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This was an awesome/flawless app on Gingerbread (was using an HTC Incredible). Been waiting around since December for ICS support (LTE GNEX). I think this developer has thrown in the towel on this one - pretty embarrassing since I paid $3.99 for it only a month before upgrading. It's a serious shame cause there's nothing else like this on the market!

I know. Its sad that I can't even get a refund. What even more sad is that the developer doesn't even reply back.