[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Cagger11

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s3 - won't record - 44

Firstly, thanks for a briliant looking app. It isn't working for me - but I'm sure it is working for lots of people and it seems to be really great.
My problem is that it seems to work but in the end merely produces 44byte files which don't do anything.
I have a rooted s3 with stock ROM.

I have the paid version of the app - and would much rather keep it than ask for a refund.

Can you help?

Thanks

PJMAN2952

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
See thats the problem. I had major problems with Screencast when I was on the stock rom. Now that I am on CM9, everything works great. So maybe try to flash a rom on it and see if it fixes the issue. If not then I don't know what to do. Sorry.

Cagger11

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Well the photo function works very well. However, I see then when it is doing video, it starts recording but after a minute or so it says that it is saving the file - and that's it.
The strange thing is that the red recording button is still displayed and you have to tap it to make it stop - so it is as if it was recording - but it isn't.

I don't need to start flashing roms for anything else. I just need a rooted phone.
I would have thought that it would be in the developers interests to engage with this and to fix it if it is a bug so I'll hang on and hopefully he will contact me and it can be worked out.

There must he lots of people who have stock ROMS - and clearly your own experience with a stock ROM shows that I'm not on my own here.

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Strange situation here on my Kindle Fire.

• Last week: Rooted and running CM7.2, app ran perfectly.
  • This week: Updated to Gede's ICS ROM for Kindle Fire. App seems to record and encode but the resulting videos are all black. Same when I tried MoboPlayer.

The oddness begins here:
  • With CM7 Google play saw my Fire as a Kindle Fire.
  • With CM9, Google Play sees it as a Galaxy Nexus. This was theoretically done intentionally by Gede, seemingly to let the Market install more apps it otherwise would block from a Kindle.

Otherwise this Kindle is rocking with gedeROM 1.7 and everything seems to work well except Screencast. Is the app doing something different because it thinks this tablet is a Galaxy Nexus? It certainly ran on the same hardware when it was identifying itself differently.

Any bright ideas?

arnonavitzur

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Problem with ASUS Transformer Prime ICS

Rooted the device (ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 with ICS). Installed the demo app.
The audio recording works, but I only get a black ASUS screen for the video.
any advice on how to record video? or why it doesn't work?
(I need to know that it's working before I pay for the full version, which I will gladly do).

Thanks!

p.s.
I saw in this thread that the reason for not working on Tegra 2 is that it doesn't support NEON, but since Tegra 3 does support NEON, so I'm not sure why the app doesn't work. help please...

Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect any updates or news on the GNex. That's the one question that the developer consistently avoids answering in this thread. And unfortunately this thread is the only method of correspondence for the app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

floiancu

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" P3100 and I've rooted it specifically for this app, but all it records is a black screen with a green stripe to the left. I saw in the comments on the Play Store that sometimes you need a custom ROM for it to work properly so I went and got a CM9, and have the same result. The thing is that I set it up so it matches the benchmark results and still no joy. If I click the option to have a pointer, the pointer is shown every time with no problem whatsoever, but the apps and screen don't. What can I do? I've tried both the demo and the paid version!

Here's a screenshot of it:

143mes1.png

subh1

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Does it work on Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean 4.1)? My device in unlocked and rooted. I tried recording, and it apparently recorded without hiccup. But all that I could see in the video is a snapshot of a terminal with some outputs printed in green. It seems it is recording an internal output instead of the actual display. Anybody else faced this issue?

igeekman

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Does it work on Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean 4.1)? My device in unlocked and rooted. I tried recording, and it apparently recorded without hiccup. But all that I could see in the video is a snapshot of a terminal with some outputs printed in green. It seems it is recording an internal output instead of the actual display. Anybody else faced this issue?

That is what it seems to be doing on my Evo 4G LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I'm interested in getting the app for my Kindle Fire running AOSP Jellybean, but a couple of questions: is the app supported for the KF? I ran the demo on my KF and all it records/plays is a black screen. I tried the demo on my Infuse 4G running cm9 and it records/plays without issue. I like the app and would like to use it on a daily, but need a clarification to see if it will work on the KF or not. Thx! :cool:

dmicom

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
short and quick:
Xoom2/XYBoard rooted stock
Audio Recording works
Video Recording Broken, i see a picture of my market allways, but i hear all my audio
I have bought the app
I willing to beta test,have send you also an email

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a bionic rooted with leaked ics 232. I installed the demo and it seems to work. However two things, the recording stops after 20 secs, which I assume is the Demo. And the screen is cut of on the top our side depending on orientation. Not cut off as in missing part of the screen but the screen is smushed down to two thirds of the screen and the rest is black.

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
On the Galaxy S3, and I think on some other ICS devices, it seems to record video and then stop at random points. Then it starts back up when another menu or screen is accessed.

emrik2s

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The developer seems to have thrown in the towel. What's sad is there there's no communication at all to End of Life this great little app. I purchased this and have been waiting for Tegra support for 4 months now.

We should start giving this app in Play Store relevant review feedback so others don't waste time buying this app and hoping.

Really wish the developer would open the code to others if he's give up.

cranberry246

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my samsung galaxy s3 my problem is this whenever I try to record at normal quality I get nothing saved it shows 0kbs and video isn't even saved when I record at high quality I get recording with distortions then when the actual game starts it doesn't record any game play, I messaged by email and I have no had any reply and the refund Window is not even in app store why is that?