Google Music doesn't see all of my local music

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
By local, I'm referring to what's on my SD card. I do not have any music in the cloud.

For reference, Winamp did the same thing, and saw the same exact files. I have a Thunderbolt.

Here are the locations where Music saw files:

\sd\D\books\x\* - 3
\sd\D\books\y\* - 3
\sd\amazonmp3\title\track\* - 3
Here is where it didn't find my music:

\sd\D\music\sets\* - 3
\sd\D\music\tracks\genre\* - 4
\sd\D\music\albums\album\* - 4​

The number at the end is how many subdirectories before you get to music files, the * signifies music files. I labeled the numbers because at first I thought the music might have been too deep, but it should have seen the sets in [D\music], because it saw the books in [D\books]).

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with ringtones and pictures so this may work for you.

Get an app called Rescan Media. It quickly forces android to look at your SD for new pictures and music.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I've had that for a while. Still no luck.

I thought GM might only look in certain locations, but the fact that it sees my audiobooks proves that wrong.

Is anyone else having this problem?

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
try changing/adding tags in properties like album and stuff like that. I've had problems with Google music and I remember the same thing happening I think this is what fixed that problem. ...I also use g music for audio books on my computer so I don't have to use up space on phone. Once u get it to work correctly its awsome. One of the other things I had to do that took a while to figure out was delete one of my Google accts from phone and reinstall g music then add the Google acct after but that had to do with the syncing from computer. I know at first there were quite a few tweaks I had to do but now I have it set up just like I want it &it synced and plays everything its supposed to.

Sent from my reborn optimus s via taptalk

Last edited:

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I only have two books on my phone, so it's no big deal. And all of my music is renamed and tagged clean before I copy it to my iPod/phone, so tags are definitely not an issue in my world (unless we're discussing my OCD).

Also, I only have one Google account, so I can't delete/re-add.

Mixzing works great, but that's folder/filename-based. And like I said, Winamp performs just like GM. I think that's tag-based too. But I have both v1 and v2 populated...title, artist, album, album artist, year, genre, art...

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I hope I'm not running out of luck here.