Golf App

laneharts

May 4, 2010
Visit site
On my blackberry storm 2 i used to use the golflogix application and it worked great. just wondering if anyone has used this on the incredible? it is not one of the available phones, but i was wondering if anyone has tried using another phone's program or not. I tried on my incredible but it didnt work.

anyway skydroid is inadequate for what i am looking for. anyone know any good range finder programs?

laneharts

May 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah i tried that but it just said out of range when i was on the course...do you know of anyone that this has worked successfully for?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It worked Perfectly for me today. This is the first time out of 3 that I got it to work. Very handy, but didnt help my Score :(

Also of note, from an 97% charge on the 1750 extended battery I made it throug the round with 20% left. Keep in Mind I did nothing but read text and use the golflogix app.

Last edited:

laneharts

May 4, 2010
Visit site
oh ok great well good to hear it actually worked...i assumed it should have worked, but i dont know why mine just says out of range the whole time...i have the location on and everything...maybe i'll just have to try again at another course...

p.s. ive had this app on my last three phones and it is a HUUUUUGGGGEEE battery drain i know that for sure...glad to hear you can make it through a round though because i have that battery as well just for this reason.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
also the other 2 times it didnt work for you did it just say out of range like thge way im describing?

Yes, The first time it went in and out I assumed it was because I wasnt in the fairway. The second time it said it throughout the entire round. This last time I didnt have a single issuse with the application....Other than it didnt improve my score.

I used the Moto Droid as my phone option.

laneharts

May 4, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks i'll give that app a look...also going to switch back to syncing my phone to the droid on golfgps.com and see if it works later this week somewhere else...i know course downloading takes FOREVER even if it does work.

jjcritch

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was using BBGPSGolf on my Storm. Switched to an incredible and purchased GolfCard. It's a great app, I highly recommend it.

I agree. GolfCard is a great app. I love their desktop application for mapping courses too. Real professional.

Not a battery drain either. I had 75% starting a round with the standard 1300mAh and 4 hours later when I finished 18, still had 19% batt left.

I want to compare to GolfLogix next time I play...