Airdroid - please try!!!

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've ever posted a comment quite like this before. I've done reviews, questions, concerns, "stay away", etc. This time, though, I'd just like to encourage everyone to try an app. It's still in beta and yet manages to be excellent. The app is Airdroid.

Airdroid is sort of a reverse Remote Desktop. From a desktop/laptop on the same wireless network as the Android device, you can control various aspects of the device. You can transfer files to and from it, check storage capacity, view call/SMS logs, send and receive SMS messages, play music from the device, and so on. I'm still learning everything it can do. I've been using it for about 2 hours and it has already proven incredibly useful. I'd love for this app to get lots of use and for its developer to get all the feedback they need to keep making it more awesome.

Fwiw, I'm not associated with the dev in any way whatsoever. I just ran into this on Gizmodo, tried it out, and concluded that it is amazing.

It still has a couple of flaws, as is to be expected of beta apps. First, if an SMS window is open for a particular contact and a new message comes in from them, the "refresh" button doesn't work. It just makes the window go blank, requiring that it be closed and that the conversation be reopened to view the message. Second, from the conversation list, clicking on some conversations does not open the conversation, but it does create an icon (which does nothing) on the "taskbar". Well, perhaps "some" isn't right-- I have one such conversation in my list so far, but I haven't tried them all. Perhaps there are other problems, but I'm still exploring, and even with those minor ones, this is still a fantastic app.

Any other observations about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Connervt

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it a few days ago, but just started trying it out this evening. It seems pretty awesome, in just the short time I've played with it. Great interface, fast, very intuitive.

kim..

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this old thread and wanted to bump it back up. I agree, everybody needs to try Airdroid! It makes transferring files to/from the phone so easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1