LauncherPro Beta and Handcent?!?!

mayer7196

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I have handcent installed but when i tap the message icon in launcherpro, it brings up standard htc message program. Anyway to get this to bring up handcent message service instead?! Thanks!

mayer7196

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
From what I have been reading it can't be done. You can disable the message notifications to make Handcent your default, but launcherpro doesn't recognize Handcent as the default messenger service. Damn!

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just DLed Handcent and pressed the Messaging button on Launcherpro and it asked which I want to use; stock or handcent. I chose handcent and hit set as default and it worked everytime. I'd go into settings > applications and clear the default for the stock messaging by pressing settings > filter > all and going to Messaging. Hit clear defaults and then go back to home and press the messaging button again, it should ask what you want to open it with.

mayer7196

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe its only a problem with my phone? I tried what you said Genetic Bloom and "Clear Default" is greyed out on the Message and Handcent application. Anyone have a an HTC Hero that can get this to work?!

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I use this launcher with handent and it works perfectly. The day I installed Launcher Pro and accessed my dialer and my SMS, each time I was prompted to choose a default action. I made my selections, set them as default via the check box, and haven't had a problem since.

mayer7196

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Right, it does work with my friends Droid as well. But it will not prompt it with the Hero?! Any Hero users out there with the same problem?