Apps Compatibility?

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok I was wondering with all the different OS's out there 1.0, 1.5, 1.6 and now 2.0.
Do we need to make sure we are only running and installing apps that are made for 2.0?
Or can we install apps for any OS build?

I was not sure if you could and they would just run at an emulation mode or something like if you were doing the same thing on a PC with older legacy software.
So not sure if I need to just uninstall a bunch of apps.

Any suggestions?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the market checks for you and will only display programs that will work with 2.0

admittedly, some work better than others, but everything that you can see on the phone should at least work.

there is also the return period, which i forget how long it is where you can get your money back

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I gotcha. I figured that was the case since I know there are apps out there but dont show up at all. I was just curious if they would still work.

If you uninstall an app you can always install it again correct? I assume that it shows up in the Market as downloaded/purchased and you just have to click to install it again?

Was thinking about uninstalling everything and starting from scratch again to see which ones cause issues when I install them.

I assume once you install it it should act up right away if it is going to be incompatible?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
How do we remove apps that came pre installed on the phone aka face book ? or can we not because its so intagrated into the phone.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i haven't been able to find a way to remove things that are pre-installed on the phone. i really want to get rid of the vvm icon, it just annoys me to have it there when i don't need the app.

and yes, if you uninstall something, just go to your downloads section of marketplace and it will be there for you to reinstall if so desired.