What do you folks do about emails in the middle of the night?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to automatically silence email notifications at night?

I get emails at all hours of the day and I don't want my phone beeping and buzzing all night long every time I get a new email.

Lino

May 16, 2010
Visit site
From the main window turn the volume all the way down and the speaker is muted.
This is not good if your taking calls, then you can turn off email notifications.
Maybe this does not work on your phone.

paul_aka_paul

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Timeriffic is a free app that changes things like notification alert settings at scheduled times. I use it to automatically mute the ringer when I leave for work and turn it back on when I am home.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i use an app called profiles that lets you make custom profiles where you can control the volume for different settings independently. for example, my normal profile keeps the volume levels high, and i have a sleep one that only allows for my phone ringer to be heard whereas my notifications are silent with no vibrate. the cool part about the app too is that you can set it to automatically switch profiles at different times of day, so you dont have to worry about changing them

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to look into those. But I do find it amusing that no one suggested leaving the phone in the other room. Guess we're all addicted. :)

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks folks. This is exactly what I am looking for. I would want something that would turn off the email notifications but not the phone ringer, in case I got a call.

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I also use Profile. I have profiles (work, normal, and night). You can use time-based profiles but I don't. It does have a "bug" in which you should disable system volume monitoring or it will disable the active profile and go to none. This applies to the Incredible

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have used Profiles and Timeriffic over the last three weeks. Finally uninstalled Profiles this morning. It can be unreliable in "timed" mode. Timeriffic is much more intuiitive and has been 100% reliable. I have sound and notification schemes for weekdays, week nights, weekends etc. The sound profiles settings on my Storm are probably the only thing I missed at first but Timeriffic and Profiles have made a fullfledged " INCfanboy".

musicandnumbers

Apr 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
Audio Manager

I use Audio Manager. I have a "bedtime" profile. Basically, all the sounds except the ringer and alarms I have set to silent. That way, I still wake up in time for work, and if someone should call me (and it'd better be an emergency), I still hear it. :)

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Locale, as it will do the audio adjustments for me... Not only does it do it based of time, but I have it based off calendar events (so it's silent during a meeting, etc). also has settings based off locations.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've decided that I'm not important enough to have to know about an email the second I receive it. I've turned off audible email notification and check the notification bar on a periodic basis throughout the day.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Is there a way to automatically silence email notifications at night?

I get emails at all hours of the day and I don't want my phone beeping and buzzing all night long every time I get a new email.

I use "Setting Profiles". I set a night profile that turns off all notifications for mail and sms and turns my ringer all the way up with a loud ringer.

Really super nice way to have auto profiles kick in for night and day settings.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i have been using profiles and find it great but sometimes doesn't go into the right profile when on the timers so gunna try out a couple other mentioned like timeriffic and foxyring

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yeah, I would prefer not to have to remember to do it, so something automatic would be great. Plus, I don't want to just put it in airplane mode in case I get a call I need to take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty