New Purchased Music Not Showing Up in Music Apps

kimalgebra

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've spent most of my last vacation day trying to troubleshoot this, and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've looked all over the internet but can't find an answer to my problem that works. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket that I got on December 1, so please remember I'm new to Droids, having just crossed over from the dark side of iPhones.

Like many users, I don't care for the stock Google music app. I've downloaded several apps to try, and an mp3 ringtone maker. I have the same issue with all of them: My new music purchases don't show up. After changing my sync settings, they now show up in my Google music app. I've made sure they're all available offline, but the various apps still don't see the new songs. In fact, I'm not sure how far back some of the apps are going to get my music. I downloaded the sdscan app that I read about, but it was no help. I've gone into settings/music/clear data like some suggested and it's not helping. I've turned it off an on, I've screamed, and I would have thrown my phone (except that I love it!). I'm trying out MixZing, Winamp, and PowerAmp and NONE of them will pull the new songs.

Any tips you can offer this newbie will be greatly appreciated!!!!

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
you need to install google music manager on your pc and choose download purchased music. Then copy the music to your phone. When you make your music available offline in google music it saves it on your phone as a random number.mp3 in the /sdcard/Android/data/ com.google.android.music /cache/music folder on your phone. ex (123.mp3). Downloading the music on your pc then copying it over manually will make your music visible to all other music apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke