2-step verification

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used this with the Gmail client on their phones by chance?

How it works - Accounts Help

Looking to set it up with my work account and personal accounts. Any info would be great! I didn't see anything in the settings in the client for it yet...

Thanks in advance!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes its very good to protect your gmail acct.

But I believe you can use it for one account only(the info) at a time, so you would have to do a separate set up for each account.

Log into your gmail acct on home PC, follow instructions, its all there. Be sure to have a back up phone (s) for the text code to be sent to, any cheapo phone or number that can be verified & used.

Just do it slow & u will be fine!

Just be sure to print the back up codes as well!

I highly recommend this extra security feature!

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a great feature, I started using it after my gmail was hacked. I'm surprised no other email provider does this. It's pretty easy to set up. I would recommend setting a back up phone number that is not your cell phone just in case you lose your phone you won't lose access to your Google account.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ Coolbreeze, yea, +1. Yup, It should be mandatory with these phones!

Also I could not set it up to the cell phone that has the 2 step on it (last time I installed it months ago), it requires a different phone/number that accepts text messages for it to work. I have a cheapo pre-pay for it, a friend uses his iPod touch with some free text/ with phone app & it works too.

Update on Multi-Accounts:

I am using the updated Go Launcher EX Notifications (on Market, requires Go Launcher EX) can handle multi-accounts now with the new API update.

there are other apps out there, but I really like the Go Launcher EX.

Check it out