does this exist

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Is their an app that will allow you to control your cars remote start and unlock? I dont mean aftermarket like viper smart start....i mean why cant my phone work the same as my key and unlock the doors,start the car, open the trunk? I think they all are rf signals right? Anyway I have a 2009 malibu and would like to be able to use my phone with the cars factory features.....does anyone know if this possible or if an app exists for this purpose?

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
you need something on the vehicle side to handle the signal.
that's where Viper Smart Start come in. I've seen peoples build there own system
(this was years ago before Viper offer anything)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt the car already have something that can handle the signal? How does the key thing signal the car to start or open the doors etc...I can already do this stuff with the key I just want my phone to be able to do it. I guess your saying the smart start is what lets it see the phones signal. Damn...I dont want to pay for the smart start.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt the car already have something that can handle the signal? How does the key thing signal the car to start or open the doors etc...I can already do this stuff with the key I just want my phone to be able to do it. I guess your saying the smart start is what lets it see the phones signal. Damn...I dont want to pay for the smart start.

You may want to read through this. There's a lot of tech behind those keyless entry systems to prevent unauthorized access, plus your phone and those operate on completely different frequencies.

HowStuffWorks "How Remote Entry Works"

Reactions: baseballfanz

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
ONstar also has an app for this too. My brand new 2012 Chevy uses and it and its nice! I can start my car from anywhere and lock and unlock my doors from any where VIA data connection with my phone. Makes them cold VT mornings better when the car needs to defrost! :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan