Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DoubleTwist for Android

doubleTwist Player - Android app on AppBrain

From Engadget:DoubleTwist adds some polish to Android with new media player app -- Engadget

Peruse the Android Market this morrow and you might come across a hot new addition from the folks at DoubleTwist. That's right, the iTunes-aping desktop sync manager has gone native on the Android platform and early feedback on its media player implementation has been positive. The free music and video player app does that whole seamless thing quite well, apparently, interfacing directly with your Windows or Mac computerino and porting over relevant playlists, ratings and media. A widget and other features are coming soon, though you'll likely have to pay for them, given the "free for a limited time" note on the download page. Better get it while the gettin's good.

Default Re: DoubleTwist for Android

Does anybody know which version of Android the player supports? It says all versions on AppBrain in the description, but it doesn't show up in a market search on 1.5... Should be free right now, so I should be able to see it even with the lack of paid apps here.

Carrier
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

I just installed this but I think you need to sync it with the doubleTwist program on your PC before it will work. It doesn't see any of the music I put on my SD card - just my ringtones and notification sounds (which is rather annoying)

plus I cant' find a way to edit MP3 tags in doubleTwist on the PC

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

FAIL- Only found 2 albums worth of music. Plus, "Cubed" or whatever they're calling it has a much much nicer UI.

Quote Originally Posted by sethjk View Post
    FAIL- Only found 2 albums worth of music. Plus, "Cubed" or whatever they're calling it has a much much nicer UI.
    DoubleTwist can't read DRM'd music, so that may be your problem.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,513 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

On double twist on my desk top show a duplicate of every song on my itune library is there a easy fix besides manual deleting 1000+ songs?

it work awesome on my ERIS...no problems to report!

Default Re: DoubleTwist for Android

Since it says "for all Android version" in the market description many people were confused when they couldn't find it on their phones. I emailed their tech support asking for clarification, they confirmed it is for 2.1+. I hope they have a good reason, like API dependence, for cutting off more than half the phones on the market.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

Quote Originally Posted by kyleg View Post
    DoubleTwist can't read DRM'd music, so that may be your problem.
    I don't own a single DRM song.