Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

bruarm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all!
I started using this app and I?m still learning it. I manage most of the stuff but I still have one thing that doesn?t work and it drive me crazy because i cannot figure it out!

At my home I have a Wi-Fi connection. I want to make it so when I leave my house, i.e. the Wi-Fi connection is lost, the profile will go to an outside profile (all sound load)+ and my screen will be at 100% brightness.
this is how I set it up:
condition: WIFI network disconnected ? my home Wi-Fi name.
action: change profile -> ?loud not at home?
change brightness -> 100%
change notification icon -> yellow.

unfortunately it does not work!
Can someone figure out why?? :-\

I have something like this:

Condtions:
Wifi Network Disconnect: name of wifi
Enter Area: Home

Actions:
Toggle Profile Changes Lock: unlock
Change Profile: Quiet
Play a sound:
Speak: "Lost connection to...."

So if I'm at home and get disconnected or when I leave the house, I get notified that the connection to my home wifi was dropped. They difference between mine and yours is the Enter Area condition is missing from yours.

byzyk

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello to everyone!
Recently became an android user and Llama appeared to be one of my favorite applications to use on my Note II. Wanted to share a few of my settings, if there are any hickkups, please, advise how to fix them.
I have 4 profiles set : Loud, Normal, Quiet, Silent.
Areas : Home, Downtown (office), Shopping area, Kids. I guess these are not finalized, more to come with learning about this application.
Events : Battery 5%, battery 10%, battery 100%, WiFi/3G Connected-Disconnected, Headphones connected-disconnected, Screen on-off, Workdays, Weekends, Nights.
I can post details of setup for each of the event later.
My only question, for now, is how to set Llama to work in the car that speakerphone is activated when receiving a call and shut of when call ends.
Will apreciate any help in this case.
Thanks.
Mike

Events :

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to tell when there are no profiles active?
Basically, I want a 'normal' profiles to set my normally used volumes, any time I leave one of my other areas or conditions.

Bruno Abasse

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have the following set up:

Areas - Home ; Work.

Profiles - Loud ; Normal ; Quiet ; Silent.

Events - 1. Home (Arrive) - AT HOME - change profile to Normal and enable Wifi.

2. Home ( Leave) - UPON LEAVING HOME - change profile to Loud and disable Wifi.

3. Outside Home or Work - WHEN NOT AT HOME NOR WORK - change profile to Loud and disable Wifi.

4. Sleep - BETWEEN 23:30 AND 05:30 - change profile to Silent.

5. Work (Arrive) - AT WORK - change profile to Quiet.

6. Work (Leave) - UPON LEAVING WORK - change profile to Loud.

My sleep event (4) is activating but at 7AM my phone is still silent, not sure why.
I also suspect that event 3 (Outside Home or Work) might be unnecessary in my set up.

Any help would be appreciated.

I plan to add Battery 5% , 10% and 100% events but still looking for some cool sounds to add to those events.

The app is very good, and worth paying for.

Thanks in advance for any helping comments.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
hi:

yes you're right, and event 3 is unnecessary.

about been still silent at 7 am. For llama get out of silent, you have to tell it.

So you told it to start silent mode, but you didn:t told it to return to normal, so all you need is to define an event for that as you like.
I return to normal mode with an alarm event.

br,

Bruno Abasse

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply kurokirasama.

What you wrote is correct, I asked the developer and he said that Llama prefered events in pairs, and to work like I wanted it needed an event 5:30 to 23:30. I initially assumed that when the event 4 (Sleep - BETWEEN 23:30 AND 05:30 - change profile to Silent) was false Llama would revert to event 1 (Home (Arrive) - AT HOME - change profile to Normal and enable Wifi) being the only event 100% true, but I was wrong :(

Is anyone using Llama and Light Flow? Worried about conflicts with both apps trying to control my phone on top of what the phone does by default.

kgnome

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an event group called Pictures
Under this event group I have two events titled "Camera" and "Gallery"
both perform the same functions as follows:
Event name: camera rotate
Condition: active application -> camera
Action: screen rotation -> on

The same is repeated for gallery. So when I open the camera or gallery app, screen rotation is enabled.

I am just trying to figure out how to terminate the action when the condition is no longer met (for some reason screen rotation remains turned on).

Not sure if this is your issue Whoshoo, but I ran into problems once I enabled the Event for multiple applications using the "OR" condition. For me, I used the OR condition when turning Screen Rotate ON, but had to use the "AND" condition when turning the Screen Rotate OFF. Put the same applications in both Events.

funnyrocks

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone !

I've turned recently into an intensive llama user. Love this app and what it can do ! I've found some quite useful llama settings on this thread, so i'm sharing some of mine.
I love controlling everything with variables, makes much easier for me to understand my events.

First of all, i make an FeatureControl variable for each of my event categories. This variable takes a value of "ON" or "OFF". For instance, if i have a category called : "Data" (where i store the classic Home => Wifi / Outside => Data toggles), i create those two events :

* DataFeatureOn => disabled, No conditions, Actions : set Llama Variable 'CallFeature' to 'ON', Play a sound ('Facebook pop'), Display a toast ('Data feature ON',Short).
* DataFeatureOff => disabled, No conditions, Actions : set Llama Variable 'CallFeature' to 'OFF', Play a sound ('Facebook pop'), Display a toast ('Data feature OFF',Short).

Then for every event inside the category, i add the condition :
* Llama Variable 'CallFeature' is 'ON'

This allows me to turn OFF a group of events when they become anoying (for instance i'm outside my home, but trying to get a wifi connection), and turn it back ON after that (i've got a folder on my home screen with every DataFeatureOn and Off toggle i have).

For night detection, i use an NFC tag to turn phone off (variable 'DAYTIME' to 'NIGHT'), and then this variable triggers other events such as : Avoid the 15 minutes synchronize loop during night, disable wifi, disable data, change profile to silent, etc...

For morning detection, i have one event : Conditions : Llama Variable 'DAYTIME' = 'NIGHT', User is present. Actions : set LlamaVariable 'DAYTIME' to 'DAY'. So when i unlock my phone in the morning, everything goes back to normal (phone volume, synchronizing 15 minutes loop, wifi / data enable, etc...)

I haven't found a good way to detect when i'm leave my car. so i just launch it from a shortcut in my cardock app. To detect when i come into my car, i have another NFC tag stuck on my car dock so when i put my phone in the dock, it switches automatically to carmode, turns on GPS, turn on bluetooth (for overhead speakers), launch my cardock app.

I have another event when i'm at work, when i have an event in my calendar (must not be all day), then it turns to MEETING mode (vibrate only).

At any time when i have an event that lasts all day in my calendar (must last all day) that contains "#OFF", i set a llama variable to 'HOLIDAY' so i switch profile to 'silent holiday' instead of silent at night (alarm volume to 0). This way my scheduled alarms don't ring during my holidays...

At last, i was always fighting against my boss because i didn't give him timesheets in time. So i developed a small llama plugin that starts tracking time when i arrive at work, and stops tracking when i leave work (i switch between projects using the application itself during the day). At the end of each month, it sends my timesheet to my mailbox. All i have to do is forward it to my boss. If you're interested i've posted it onto the market (search for "Time Tracker" or "locale plugin" or "funny rocks").

As you see, llama nearly saved my life (it saved much of my time for sure ;) )

I can't wait to read other examples, some of them are so good

funnyrocks

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My only question, for now, is how to set Llama to work in the car that speakerphone is activated when receiving a call and shut of when call ends.
Will apreciate any help in this case.

Have you tried this ?

Event name : Start call in car
Conditions : In car (however you detect you're in car), Call state('In a call')
Actions : Speakerphone('Turn on'), Queue another event (name : 'stop car call')

Queued event (named 'stop car call') : Queue delay (0 minutes), Queue delay seconds (0 seconds)
Condition : CallState ('Not in call')
Action : Speakerphone('Turn off')

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, been playing with Llama for a couple weeks and I love it, I don't use profiles at all, I want my ringtone and notification just the way it is no matter where I am or where I'm at. If i need to silence everything and set my ringer to vibrate instantly I have a widget for that.
Not all my events are location dependent either.
I'm using a rooted Galaxy S3 (Jellybean) on Verizon.
One event I'd like to share which some might find useful is
1) I tweak with my phone a lot so as you know android starts to get mucked up and acting clunky sometimes so I have a scheduled event that reboots the phone every morning at 5am, with the condition being the {when call state is not in a call}

I've read some conflicting info here and there about Llama on Jelly bean and GPS toggle. I've read that if I'm rooted and have secure settings and the helper installed I should be able to setup events to toggle GPS on/off. I'd like to setup events that will toggle GPS on when I open GPS dependent apps and turn it off when those apps are stopped or in background. Has anyone had any luck with this?

thanks

FruKohl

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have just started to use Llama and so far I love it. I have a question though and I hope someone could help me.

I?ve created a rule to put the profile to silent when I?ve a busy event in my calendar and it works just fine. My problem is that I can?t find a way to put the profile back to normal after the meeting is over. How do I do that?

Also, I've read in the treed that many of you have rule that say "when current app is A set...." with the corresponding "when current app is NOT A set.." I can't find where to set the NOT.

Last edited:

funnyrocks

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I?ve created a rule to put the profile to silent when I?ve a busy event in my calendar and it works just fine. My problem is that I can?t find a way to put the profile back to normal after the meeting is over. How do I do that?

Duplicate your event, and use the same calendar actions, but just select the option "Event finished/Not current event" at the top of the parameter dialog.

Kiley Hernandez

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This is perfect, I have been trying to figure out how to set this. I also have mine set by location as well. For example at home, I don't want my 4G - I would rather use my WiFi So here is how I mine set for home.

Grouped as HOME

Event Name | Home - Screen Off W/Polling
Advanced: Delay 1 Min >> Cancel if False >> Repeat 1 Hour
Conditions: Screen Off, Using Battery, Home
Actions: Queue Event Wait for 59 minutes enable data and enable account sync request update. Toggle Mobile Data Off, Disable Sync, Wifi Off

Adding the WiFi off in the conditions above allows llama to turn off my WiFi after the 1 minute delay. I will probably adjust my initial delay if I am not receiving all my data especially since I have a 1 hour window. The event below goes with the polling event above.

Event Name: Home - Screen On
Conditions: Home, Screen On, Using Battery
Actions: Mobile Data Off (since I am already polling hourly), WiFi On, Enable Sync, Request Update

So far this set up has worked well. I also have a similar set up for work and also for when I am running in normal mode (away from home and work). So far I have not had issues. I will update if I find other issues. So far so good. Thanks Super Turtleman for figuring this charm out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn