Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
This is weird. I've cleaned up my WiFi events and just noticed that the WiFi polling to never action keeps the WiFi on forever. Shouldn't it do the opposite kurokirasama?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
What I meant is I'm home but the wifi polling event didn't trigger. screenshots will show how.

"grenouill?re" is home for me. Let me know if I did something wrong

First, if you are at home at llama think so too, then at some point wifi polling should have been enabled, isn't it?

To be sure, when you get at home, check the recent events list and see what happened.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
First, if you are at home at llama think so too, then at some point wifi polling should have been enabled, isn't it?

To be sure, when you get at home, check the recent events list and see what happened.

Take a look at my other questions when you get a chance.

Thanks for your reply, to answer your question, when I'm home and check the recent tab, it shows a list of other WiFi names, not the one I registered for home.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at my other questions when you get a chance.

Thanks for your reply, to answer your question, when I'm home and check the recent tab, it shows a list of other WiFi names, not the one I registered for home.

Not that tab, the recent event list. In the event tab, at the bottom there is a clock like icon, click there and you will see the latest events executed.

About your wifi on after polling question, same procedure to see what going on. Are previous screen shots all your wifi related events? If not, try to post them all to check them out.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Not that tab, the recent event list. In the event tab, at the bottom there is a clock like icon, click there and you will see the latest events executed.

About your wifi on after polling question, same procedure to see what going on. Are previous screen shots all your wifi related events? If not, try to post them all to check them out.

I'm not home, but as soon as I get a chance to replicate the events, I'll take screenshots and post them.
My previous wifi events screenshots are old because I've cleaned them up. I've uploaded new ones

Attachments

• 2013_06_18_19.10.38.png
    2013_06_18_19.10.38.png
    107 KB · Views: 25
  • 2013_06_18_19.10.19.png
    2013_06_18_19.10.19.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 24

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not home, but as soon as I get a chance to replicate the events, I'll take screenshots and post them.
My previous wifi events screenshots are old because I've cleaned them up. I've uploaded new ones

I don't exactly see mistakes, but here are some things you could do to improve them.
- Bye wifi : instead of turning on wifi for 3 minutes, turn it off immediately or queue an event to turning off after 3 minutes, so it doesn't interfiere with wifi polling, besides, your wifi is already turned on.

- Wifi connect: this might cause problems. When you enter our wifi areas, wifi is Supposed to be off, only wifi polling turn it on and off, so you are missing here to turn on wifi. Thus, you should do the same thing (near home, home) with those networks you have there, or you will have to treat them differently.

Last edited:

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't exactly see mistakes, but here are some things you could do to improve them.
- Bye wifi : instead of turning on wifi for 3 minutes, turn it off immediately or queue an event to turning off after 3 minutes, so it doesn't interfiere with wifi polling, besides, your wifi is already turned on.

- Wifi connect: this might cause problems. When you enter our wifi areas, wifi is Supposed to be off, only wifi polling turn it on and off, so you are missing here to turn on wifi. Thus, you should do the same thing (near home, home) with those networks you have there, or you will have to treat them differently.

...Had a busy week...

I would post all the screenshots I've taken to show how my events are behaving differently from what I expected but it's not worth it since I've decided to go back to my own wifi polling method by following your advice where I create a separate event that turns wifi on every 5 minutes with a queued event that turns wifi off after 5 seconds if not connected ; instead of turning the wifi on for 1 minute...

I have some concerns about my night and day events. I hope I find some time to describe and show what I want Llama to do and how I've done it so far.

rhlsg

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to use Llama to disable my pattern lock when I am in certain areas, say at home ?
I have added the action "Disable screen lock after unlock", but it does not seem to work ?
any suggestions ?
the only other action in that event is to switch the profile to "soft" - lower notification volumes.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to use Llama to disable my pattern lock when I am in certain areas, say at home ?
I have added the action "Disable screen lock after unlock", but it does not seem to work ?
any suggestions ?
the only other action in that event is to switch the profile to "soft" - lower notification volumes.

That's supposed to work. I guess you are aware that it will disable it after you unlock your phone for the first time. You can also try the forced option.

rhlsg

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's supposed to work. I guess you are aware that it will disable it after you unlock your phone for the first time. You can also try the forced option.

i tried that option with "disable screen lock after unlock", but it does not seem to work. i will try to "immediate" unlock option.
does the phone need to be rooted to control those functions ?
HTC Desire S, Android 2.3.5, Sense 3.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Kurokirasama,

I discovered yesterday (when driving a different than usual route) that picking up a cell on the way elsewhere triggered Llama to switch the settings associated with another Area, when I was just driving through. How can I temporarily disable Llama's doing so? Unfortunately, I believe there's only 1 cell associated with that area.

Thanks

rhlsg

May 8, 2013
Visit site
trying a few different configurations for turning off the screen lock, along with secure settings.
some things seem to work, some dont !
instead of pattern lock, now i am trying to use a password, because that does not seem to require root.

seems that using "unlock immediately" option is working.
the Keyguard unlock option (without notification) through Secure settings also is working.
if notification is on then - when i touch the volume controls while screen is off, then it lights up - which is unnecessary.

Last edited:

DanaSTL

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for this thread!

Can anyone share their battery-saving events?

Is there a way to say "when the battery level is between 1-50%"? Or would I need to make one event for "When battery is above 0%" and another for "When battery is above 49%" (for when charging) and then the reverse when not charging "Battery level is below 50%", "Batter level is below 20%"?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
any suggestions ?

I've encountered issues with this feature, unfortunately it's common (i.e. when pattern lock is disabled, when you open a notification, pattern lock enables for Android Security reasons (this happens with Tasker too)). I have a Samsung Nexus S, rooted running CyanogenMod. The only solution I found is to use CyanogenMod's profile switcher (see attached screenshots). I use Profile 4 Tasker + Widget as a locale plugin to active my desired profiles.

trying a few different configurations for turning off the screen lock, along with secure settings.
some things seem to work, some dont !
instead of pattern lock, now i am trying to use a password, because that does not seem to require root.

seems that using "unlock immediately" option is working.
the Keyguard unlock option (without notification) through Secure settings also is working.
if notification is on then - when i touch the volume controls while screen is off, then it lights up - which is unnecessary.

If you can flash CyanogenMod on your device, try my solution.

Thanks very much for this thread!

Can anyone share their battery-saving events?

Is there a way to say "when the battery level is between 1-50%"? Or would I need to make one event for "When battery is above 0%" and another for "When battery is above 49%" (for when charging) and then the reverse when not charging "Battery level is below 50%", "Batter level is below 20%"?

Here are mine :

Battery Full
When battery rises above 100% when chargin between 09:00 and 23:00 - play sound 'ringtone'

Below 15
When battery goes below 15% when using battery when your phone disconnects from <Any Wifi Network> - disable account sync, disable mobile data, disable Wifi, set screen timeout to 15 seconds, set to 1% brightness and run a Locale plugin 'Profile Tasker : Home'

Charging
When charging between 06:00 and 23:00 - enable Wifi, set Llama variable 'charging sync' to 'yes', enable account sync then request update, enable rotation, queue an event named 'Mobile data', queue an event named 'Data off' and queue an event named 'Sync off if no Wifi' after 3 minutes and 0 seconds

Unplugged
When using battery - disable account sync, set Llama variable 'charging sync' to 'no', disable rotation, set to 1% brightness, set screen timeout to 60 seconds and disable Wifi if not connected

1h sync
Between 06:00 and 23:00 when battery rises above 30% - queue an event named '1h sync off' after 3 minutes and 0 seconds and queue an event named 'Sync on' every 1 hour

Attachments

• 2013_07_01_10.08.55.png
    2013_07_01_10.08.55.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2013_07_01_10.09.14.png
    2013_07_01_10.09.14.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2013_07_01_10.09.36.png
    2013_07_01_10.09.36.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 38

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an event that locks the profile and changes volume to a lower level: ie

when the current app is BSPlayer free - lock profile changes, queue an event named Exit BSplayer free and set media/music volume to 5.

My question is, I want this to be the case when i open the Netflix app as well. But simply adding Netflix as a condition doesnt work....nor does adding the OR condition and adding it that way....what am I missing>?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an event that locks the profile and changes volume to a lower level: ie

when the current app is BSPlayer free - lock profile changes, queue an event named Exit BSplayer free and set media/music volume to 5.

My question is, I want this to be the case when i open the Netflix app as well. But simply adding Netflix as a condition doesnt work....nor does adding the OR condition and adding it that way....what am I missing>?

have you tried copying the same event but with netflix only?

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
yes having an individual event works, but i want the event to trigger for quite a few apps, and since I am quite anal i like to have everything as "neat and tidy" as i can get it and not have a million events that do the same thing...

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
yes having an individual event works, but i want the event to trigger for quite a few apps, and since I am quite anal i like to have everything as "neat and tidy" as i can get it and not have a million events that do the same thing...

well in that case you can try with queued events where each have your specific app launching condition.

Last edited:

MathP

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello all & kurokirasama,

first of all, a big thank you for this thread & for kurokirasama's post: I like very much your idea to have Llama doing everything (including Juice Defender job). My needs are less complex than yours but still the result is quite nice. Could you have a look to my "adaptated" (from your work) events to tell me if I didn't do any huge mistake?

Event juice defender like wifi mgmt
- Conditions:
- Advanced: Repeat event every 15 minutes & stop if conditions are not met
- Llama variable: when 'night' doesn't have value 'yes' (1)
- Llama variable: when 'synchrowifi' has a value of 'yes' (2)
- Actions:
- Toggle WiFi: WiFi On
- Variable llama: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'yes' (3)
- Queued event start synchro: 8 seconds delay​
- Conditions: WiFi Network Connected: <Any WiFi network>
- Actions:
- Toggle Account Sync: Enable Sync, Request Update
- Queued event deactivate synchro: 1 min delay
- Actions:
- Toggle Account Sync: Disable Sync
- Llama variable: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'no'​
- Queued event stop synchro if not connected: 8 seconds delay (4)
- Conditions: WiFi Network Disconnected: <Any WiFi network>
- Actions:
- Llama variable: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'no'
- Toggle WiFi: WiFi Off​

Event screen off & no wifi sync
- Conditions:
- Llama variable: when 'syncingwifi' has a value of 'no'
- Screen on/off: Screen off​
- Actions:
- Toggle WiFi: WiFi Off​

Event juice defender like mobile data mgmt
- Conditions:
- Advanced: Repeat event every 15 minutes & stop if conditions are not met
- Llama variable: when 'night' doesn't have value 'yes'
- Llama variable: when 'synchromobiledata' has a value of 'yes'
- Actions:
- Toggle Mobile Data: Mobile Data On
- Variable llama: Set 'syncingmobiledata' to 'yes'
- Queued event start synchro: 8 seconds delay​
- Conditions: Mobile data connection: Mobile data connected
- Actions:
- Toggle Account Sync: Enable Sync, Request Update
- Queued event deactivate synchro: 1 min delay
- Actions:
- Toggle Account Sync: Disable Sync
- Llama variable: Set 'syncingmobiledata' to 'no'​

Event screen off & no mobile data sync
- Conditions:
- Llama variable: when 'syncingmobiledata' has a value of 'no'
- Screen on/off: Screen off​
- Actions:
- Toggle Mobile Data: Mobile Data Off​

Notes:
(1) My night event start at 1:00AM every night (except if I have an event "on duty" in my calendar), put the phone on airplane mode, toggle Llama cell polling off & set Llama variable 'night' to 'yes'. My day event start at 6:20AM every day, remove the airplane mode, toggle Llama cell polling on & set Llama variable 'night' to 'no'
(2) I didn't create the event: my goal is to have a full automated solution (for my usage)
(3) I hope my understanding is good: the event to turn off WiFi is screen off & no wifi sync
(4) I also saw sometimes this behavior: as a result I copied your work

Thanks a lot for reading :)

The next thing I will try to look at: the WiFi is activated at work (but without having all the time the WiFi network available): the idea is to add timeout & regular checks if not connected on WiFi network

EDIT:
- I didn't see you posted your configuration & backup file in this post: I'm going to study it with care (thanks again)
- I also saw this post from Olivier D & yours on WiFi polling: again very interessting :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy